what are cymbals worth?

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
Like the title says ...

My old drummer is taking up the bass and looking to swap out his gear to fund the new habit. I have no idea what drum gear is really worth but I know cymbals tend to be a little pricey.

Anyone with drum hardware knowledge know what a fair asking price would be for these?

They are:

14" HHX Hats (groove)
18" HHX crash (evolution)
19" AA (thin crash)
21" HHX ride (groove)

xrneKxm.jpg

He wants to sell locally if possible but doesn't know what to price them at that's fair.

Thoughts?

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Assuming all are in good condition, I would guess:

$200~250
$150~200
$120~160
$200~300

Caveat being that I've been out of the cymbal game for a while since I switched to an e-kit 2 years ago. Really though, I would advise just pulling up GuitarCenter and checking what they're asking for for their stuff in comparable condition.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming all are in good condition, I would guess:

$200~250
$150~200
$120~160
$200~300

Caveat being that I've been out of the cymbal game for a while since I switched to an e-kit 2 years ago. Really though, I would advise just pulling up GuitarCenter and checking what they're asking for for their stuff in comparable condition.

Seconding this. Those prices seem in line with my own experience, and definitely use GC as a pricing guide - not because they're so smart, but because eBay/Reverb prices can be al over the place, and you can depend on GC to be in the high end of what's reasonable for something used, giving you room to negotiate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.