What are last albums you bought?

• Thread starter Nick1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I just picked up:

amon amarth: with oden on our side, fate of norns.

nevermore: this godless endeavour. 3 amazing CD's, i like latest amon amarth and nevermore the best though. i still have to find and buy "dead heart in a dead world" and "enemies of reality" though. when i have the money and a CD store i will...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
Oh please, if Chimaira hasn't changed, then I've never wiped my ass.

Resurrection sounds way different than anything else they've done. All the musicians have improved - the songwriting is more mature, the vocals are more diverse and pitched, Andols is back kicking way more ass than ever before, and even the leads are good now - no more Kirk Hammet ripoff bullshit.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oh please, if Chimaira hasn't changed, then I've never wiped my ass.

Resurrection sounds way different than anything else they've done. All the musicians have improved - the songwriting is more mature, the vocals are more diverse and pitched, Andols is back kicking way more ass than ever before, and even the leads are good now - no more Kirk Hammet ripoff bullshit.

Agreed of course, on all points. It's not even close HotRod. I could write a 20 page essay on how fundamentally different they sound now. I think it's really beyond debate at this point. I'm starting to wonder if you've even heard the album :lol: It's like saying Nevermore didn't have a huge change from "Dreaming Neon Black" to "Dead Heart In a Dead World"...and I think in Chimaira's case it's even more drastic. The riffs, arrangements, types of melodies, the keyboards, just about everything is vastly different... I'd say they've moved more to a european sound from the usual metalcore/breakdown thing they used to do.

HotRodded7321

Reaction score
Agreed of course, on all points. It's not even close HotRod. I could write a 20 page essay on how fundamentally different they sound now. I think it's really beyond debate at this point. I'm starting to wonder if you've even heard the album :lol: It's like saying Nevermore didn't have a huge change from "Dreaming Neon Black" to "Dead Heart In a Dead World"...and I think in Chimaira's case it's even more drastic. The riffs, arrangements, types of melodies, the keyboards, just about everything is vastly different... I'd say they've moved more to a european sound from the usual metalcore/breakdown thing they used to do.

K...so I downloaded the full promo instead of the couple songs I had....I retract my previous statements. Resurrection is really the only one close to the last album, and you are right, they have gone more towards a European sound. Impressive.

And for being a douche in the other posts--------->:flame: :lol:

I admit my defeat.

Makelele

Reaction score
Just bought "Serpent's Embrace" by Agathodaimon. It's some good shit.

Jysan

Banned
Reaction score
Disarmonia Mundi - Mind Tracks
Disarmonia Mundi - Fragments of D-Generation
Soilwork - A Predators Portrait
Scar Symmetry - Symmetric in Design
Meshuggah - Destory Erase Improve

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
I just noticed this thread thought I would add to it. The last few albums I bought were:

Arch Enemy-"Doomsday Machine"...Love it....nuff said.:cool:

Otep-"House of Secrets".....I know not many people like them but I am loving this album.

Opeth-"Ghost Reveries"....the first time I heard this album I was like holy shit!!
Completely unexpected their music is like a combination of Death Metal, Tool, Melodic, and lots more it's all there I'm so glad I purchased this album.

')