What are the best 1000$ - 1300$ range seven strings today?

• Thread starter necropsy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
carvin/keisel or ibanez prestige all the way. Paint jobs are usually kind of thin on the ibanez. Ibanez pickups are highly mediocre too. Carvin might be the best straight out of the box.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Iamatlas

Atlas
Reaction score
Alternatively,
You could look at Ormsby's GTR production line - Fantastic quality at a great price. I jumped in on the first run and also have a Goliath coming. The guitars are amazing, and look ....ing mint to boot!

EDIT: I've also had a KM7 - They are great guitars for the price too, except dodgy wiring/pots as per WMI standard.

https://www.ormsbyguitars.com/gtr-production-models.html

eightsixboy

あなたのお母さんを犯さ
Reaction score
carvin/keisel or ibanez prestige all the way. Paint jobs are usually kind of thin on the ibanez. Ibanez pickups are highly mediocre too. Carvin might be the best straight out of the box.

A prestige will come with Dimarzio's anyway, plus stock Ibanez pickups aren't that bad, very mid biased though.

Black43

Hated Ibanezes once
Reaction score
As others have said, RG752FX. The difference in playability is phenomenal. If you're going to dump $1300 on a guitar, for the love of all that's holy, don't dump it on an Iron Label.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
A prestige will come with Dimarzio's anyway, plus stock Ibanez pickups aren't that bad, very mid biased though.

They did put Dimarzio in some models, especially in the last couple of years. However, the majority of prestiges out there have the crappy ibanez pickups in them.

Reaction score
i played one of those RGAs a few weeks ago and it was definitely a great 7 string. the only problem i find with what everyone else is suggesting is that the RGA has a mahogany body whereas most prestiges are basswood. plus, those fusion edge pickups in the iron labels are TOO SICK.
if you're pretty much sold on that RGA, but really want the best of both worlds, i would look for a prestige ibanez S and put some dimarzio illuminators in there. or just get the RGA.....in my experience the iron labels aren't anywhere near as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

IbbyShred

Reaction score
+1 for the RG752, I had one and sold it. I picked up a used Iron Label 7 and hate it. I'm currently looking to get rid of the Iron Label and another 6 just to get the funds for another 752.

')