What are the chances of this ESP/E-II ST-1 be my "the one"?

• Thread starter diogoguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robslalaina

Reaction score
How do you feel about this "semi-contoured" heel join of the bolt-on ESP/E-II ST1??
If it's anything like the similar design they use on bolt-on M bodies it's actually pretty good. Not AANJ Ibanez good, but better than a NX Strandberg for instance. The key thing imo is where the neck joins the body and so under the 17th fret is no good for 24 fretters unless you've got hands like Steve Vai or Paul Gilbert. The ST1 doesn't have that issue. The Vigier Excalibur doesn't either even though it has a blocky heel because it "starts" under the 19th fret. Have you considered a Vigier? They have pretty much all you need spec wise and even the ones with a maple top and binding have a forearm contour now. The main challenge could be finding one at a reasonable price outside Europe.

You didn't like the Eclipse and Horizon because they actually don't have a forearm contour at all but carved tops. You may not like an Ibanez S or RGA either.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude if you like everything about that Ibanez besides the color just refinish it... Who cares about the cost of upgrades if it's "the one"?

Or you could save 500$ on upgrades by not changing completely fine frets just for the sake of the SS novelty. 500$ now and 500$ in 10 years when you actually wear them down seems a better deal.

Or just buy this:

DarrellM5

Reaction score
The closest thing I can find to your ideal specs is the Ibanez Jiva. The made in Indonesia version nails just about everything except for country. The made in Japan version nails everything except for it's slightly above your price target.

The Ibanez Jem is pretty close too.

diogoguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
oh man, I'm getting so many "eh, you should consider these other options"
Maybe this is the hidden message? haha

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha yeah ... I'm not gonna pay 4.5k AND wait 30 months to get a Jackson ⏰... If wait was 12-15 months and it were the right price I'd do it... But I guess it's not their priority to sell USA guitars currently...

Don't worry. Non-endorsers can't even order so you're safe :lol:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
You can definitely order one... as long as it's custom select and you're good with waiting 3-4 years.

Oh, I thought it was a sevenstring for whatever reason. Those are the ones you can't order.

')