What are you cooking right now?

• Thread starter LiveOVErdrive
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Been working on my pizza dough game....lately been having a hard time getting the airy crust that's also firm enough to hold a slice up. My usual method (water and yeast, let sit for 15 mins, add flour, salt, and oil, knead, let sit for 2 hours, cut up into balls and use) just hasn't been doing the trick. Been getting very cakey, biscuit texture versus a chewy but light and airy texture I've been wanting.

I know a bit of it has to do with my oven only being able to get to 500 degrees, and that's only on the hottest of July summers, though I still feel like others have had success here.

I switched to 00 Flour and started a "Poolish" this time, basically fed the yeast and let it water ferment for 24 hours in 25% of its flour. I just added the rest of the ingredients and kneaded until smooth and I'm so far impressed with the Poolish method. The dough already seems more soft and stretchy and the "windowpane" was easy to achieve without much tearing. Granted, I have yet to bake with it yet, I'm going to let the dough sit and ferment another 12-24 hours and cut it into balls, hoping to have a much fluffier, airier texture.

Anyone use Poolish for their dough? Or do you have any quicker methods to achieve a very airy chewy dough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Garlic Confit and thyme focaccia, stuck to the pan a bit but absolutely delicious.

20240717_215823.jpg

20240717_225053.jpg

Latest posts

')