What are you hoping to get for Xmas?

• Thread starter Karl Hungus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thought this might be a fun little thread.

Personally, I thought I might push my luck and ask for a EBMM Petrucci 7 this Christmas, but I essentially got a big fuck off from my ma, and a rather angry attempted guilt trip by asking me what was I getting her, despite the fact that I had asked a couple of times a month ago what she wants. Still, can't blame me for asking? ;)

Much more grounded in reality, I think I'm going to ask for a Metal Shop model pack for my pod. Should be very cool indeed seeing as it's got an ENGL model, so even though I do have the real thing, it'll be excellent for recording, and it's cheap enough for any immediate family member to afford.

I'm still thinking of being really fucking cheeky and asking for my family to pool together and get me this baby:

e670_2.jpg

I'd be afraid that they'd fill my stocking with coal and then beat me to the ground with it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be submitting a lot of stuff to my wife. Since she has a taste for Tiffany jewelry (but only in silver, thankfully :lol: ), I have some range to work with, so I'll probably end up with a (whatever the biggest) iPod and a StroboStomp, or something like that.

I may order myself a COW7 for X-mas. Maybe. :lol:

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
Probably a Strobostomp, I've been in need of a good tuner.

My family has basically learned to just give me money, so with my Birthday and Xmas 4 days apart, and working for half a week of that time, I should have some nice cash to play with.

Was thinking about another amp, 1x12 combo of sorts, but probably won't go for it.

Strobostomp, Auralex Great Gramma pad, maybe that Channelstrip plugin I've been wanting, maybe even a new axe. Been eying the ESP Axxion's and DV-8R's, as well as the SC-500's.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, apart from the Metal Shop pack, I don't really know what I'd like to get, so probably as much moneys as I can get. ;)

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm hoping for the sweet release of death. :lol:

Nah, I never get much so I'm not hoping for much. And I can never give out much either.

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score
New tubes, JJ's :D

I'm going to buy myself an EMG81 and a new pickguard for my 470.

I always get clothes etc too and a few dvd's

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm hoping for CD's, or money to buy CD's with. I also told my parents that I want a futon for my bedroom. :yesway: I'll just sit Dad down at the computer with his credit card a few weeks prior to christmas day and say "I want this, this and this." :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm hoping for CD's, or money to buy CD's with. I also told my parents that I want a futon for my bedroom. :yesway: I'll just sit Dad down at the computer with his credit card a few weeks prior to christmas day and say "I want this, this and this." :lol:
Pretty much how it works for me, except I email my dad about it :lol:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Laid...

...alot.

Barring that, maybe I'll get a KxK SuperStrat, especially if their offering Floyds (or some kind of locking trem) by then.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I already got my Christmas present, a plane ticket to the US to visit my family for about 2 weeks.

What I want for Christmas is a new iPod because my fucking iPod is broken and it costs the same amount of money to buy a new one to get it fixed. :mad: I'm sure I'll have to buy the iPod for myself, though...

Eh, I'm okay with not getting anything for Christmas.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
...despite not being a Christian, I love this season :p

haha

I'm pushing for a Prophesy ^.^, with an 18th birthday present of an RG7620 or a Razorback...

GAS!

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been asked by my parents what I want, but I said not to bother with anything really. They'll get me a new winter coat, and that's fine with me..

Seeing how every month they pay my bills for me, i'm not going to get greedy.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
I'm not too fussed. I'm older and grumpier and getting over materialism. To a degree :p

However, I'm pretty sure I have some nice 8-bit nostalgia coming my way :D

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
A brand new digital camcorder... + a trip to Cuba.

And if i'm lucky enough, i'll buy myself a new practice amp.
The new Peavey mini-JSX?

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
i want a few days of peace and quiet... i just wanna sit arround and do nothing and get over this cold thingy ive had for nearly two months now :noway: andthen i want to go to the pub with my friends and have a laugh... thats all i really want... that and sausages wraped in bacon :yum:

its not really a time of year i enjoy :rant: , but i hope everyone else has a kick ass time :hbang:

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I wont be getting any gear this christmas as i've pretty much bought everything that i wanted (more like every thing i touched i bought :lol: ) I've got enough gear and it's all incredibly nice stuff.

I usually get some money for christmas from other relatives, so i may buy myself some 6L6 tubes to put in my Laney and see what happens as it does sound pretty interesting.

I may ask my parents to help me out with some recording software and hardware. I really want to get into recording my own music.

')