What are you listening to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aymara

Reaction score
Killing Joke - Big Buzz

Geordie at his best :hbang:

Not to forget Jaz Coleman, a singer, that doesn't sound like a pig in a slaughterhouse like 90% of all Metal vocalists.

Aymara

Reaction score
A Pale Horse Named Death

The "trained eye" might notice two former Type O Negative members.

Aymara

Reaction score

Nice memoriam ... inspired me to listen to this:

I never was a Johnny Cash fan, but this cover of Nine Inch Nails is one of the very few covers of all time, that is really better than the also great original.

And Johnny had one with in common with Lemmy ... he made music until the bitter end.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Nice memoriam ... inspired me to listen to this:

I've listened to that song a million times before but this particular go-round was the first time that I had tears in my eyes.

I never was a Johnny Cash fan, but this cover of Nine Inch Nails is one of the very few covers of all time, that is really better than the also great original.

And Johnny had one with in common with Lemmy ... he made music until the bitter end.

Agree so much that I had to quote it and give it another "LIKE". I don't get into the whole Reznor/ Cash thing. Both are well done and heart-felt... 2 different styles for sure. But for some reason JC's version was so moving. He had such an incredible strength and anger on the ivories through the climax of Hurt... and such a beaten-down and sorrowful vocal track. It will always send chills through me.

Otherwise there were only a handful of songs that I really dug... Boy Named Sue, Folsum Prison Blues, etc. I just respect him and think he was a pretty cool dude as far as image/ showmanship.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
onestop.mid, just found this song couple of days ago and I love it. More proggy than half of your modern "prog" bands' music. :lol:

And in case you have no idea what I'm talking about:
0.jpg

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
Jester's Tears
Marco Sfogli

What If
Heavy Metal Ninjas

Melodyk
Heavy Metal Ninjas

Tres Caballeros