Demigod
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
At The Moment:
Forbidden - Chalice Of Blood \m/
WELCOME TO THE CHURCH OF LIES

In my Car: Testament - Demonic
currently groovin on some Psychotic Waltz & Spiral Architect too

Woot, Testament!!! Home town thrash gods. I hear Alex Skolnick is rejoinging them again. Call me crazy though, but I don't remember a Demonic album. That a new recording?

Snarlly

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
Chris said:
October Rust is one of my top 10 CD's of all time. Absolutely beautiful album.

Bloody Kisses > Octorber Rust :hbang:

Just my opinion though. But yeah Type-O is definitely one of my faves from the 90s.

Snarllster

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
Leon said:
i'm listening to the ARTS channel on tv... lots of opera, orchestra, and ballets.

lots of ass clenching :)

I didn't see anyone list this album:
Slayer-Seasons in the Abyss

This is perpetually being played in my car/home. Greatest album ever??? And I am not a die-hard Slayer fan, but this album is *AWESOME*.

Snarlly

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
Another band I didn't see anyone talking about (I did skip some of the 57 pages) is Opeth. This band is absolutely brilliant. They range from completely mellow Pink Floyd-like music to quite heavy Death/Swedish Metal sounds, and often do this in the same song!

This is the best nordic-metal band imho by far.

Snarllmiester

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Got Blackwater Park on my work comp, and bust it out every once in a while. IT generally raises a few eyebrows.

Damnation's on the to-buy list, as well - I'd imagine I'll love it, from what I've heard.

-D

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
King Snarll said:
Woot, Testament!!! Home town thrash gods. I hear Alex Skolnick is rejoinging them again. Call me crazy though, but I don't remember a Demonic album. That a new recording?

Snarlly
He's just doing a reunion tour. it isnt permanent.
Demonic came out in 1997..it has Gene Hoglan on drums and Glenn Alevais on leads, w/ Derrick Rameriez on bass. It was the album after LOW but before The Gathering.

NP: Black Sabbath - N.I.B.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I mentioned Opeth's "Blackwater Park" a while back, but could be mistaken. I do listen to it quite frequently. It's a friggin' masterpiece.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
King Snarll said:
Bloody Kisses > Octorber Rust :hbang:

Just my opinion though. But yeah Type-O is definitely one of my faves from the 90s.

Snarllster

Tough to say that one's better than the other, they're two very different albums. I loved BK too, and when I first heard Rust I thought "Wow, this is different".

I just think it's fucking gorgeous, all the piano arrangements - much brighter and not quite as "spooky" as BK. Both great though, Type-O kicks much ass.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
NP: Cryptopsy - "Blasphemy Made Flesh" album
Defenstration is a badass song \m/

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
Chris said:
Tough to say that one's better than the other, they're two very different albums. I loved BK too, and when I first heard Rust I thought "Wow, this is different".

I just think it's fucking gorgeous, all the piano arrangements - much brighter and not quite as "spooky" as BK. Both great though, Type-O kicks much ass.

My best friend and I have debated this more than once. He agrees with you actually, as he prefers October Rust. But clearly you guys are all wrong, and I am correct. :cool:

King Snarll

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
NP: Cryptopsy - "Blasphemy Made Flesh" album
Defenstration is a badass song \m/

Sure it isn;t "Defenestration"? As in, to throw one out of a window?

I've always been partial to aedefenestrate, which presumable means to throw someone into a universe where windows do not exist. This poses a few difficulties, but I haven't given up yet. :agreed:

terrorsound

Reaction score
fear factory obsolete
exodus tempo of the damned
symphony x V
judas priest unleashed in the east
meshugga 33
obituary 'james murphy'
iron maiden, maiden japan
slayer reign in blood
yngwie fire and ice

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Sure it isn;t "Defenestration"? As in, to throw one out of a window?

I've always been partial to aedefenestrate, which presumable means to throw someone into a universe where windows do not exist. This poses a few difficulties, but I haven't given up yet. :agreed:

Thats exactly what is. i just misspelled it. and thats exactly what the song is about ;p

NP: Absu - Pillars of Mercy

Padraig

Reaction score
Rusty Cooley - Rusty Cooley
Dimitar Nalbantov Random stuff.

')