What are you listening to?

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Kotex said:
Well then, they really shouldn't have fucked with "Welcome home", because it's not as good as the album version. But as put them on the map I didn't neccesarly mean being super popular, and all over MTV. I just meant some people would reconignize them for their skills. Because they kick some ass one the cd. Their first one was okay, the second was much better and this one is way better.
Agreed. I loved the groove of the bass and drums and how the guitars almost swirled around what they were doing at times on the first album, the second album I liked better overall, and so far this one's looking to be the best yet. Favorite tracks so far are the two "Apollo" tracks, "Ten Speed" and "The Final Cut".

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:p Motley Crue's Red White & Crue. :yesway:

My father found this double disc at his work and instead of putting it in lost and found, he gave it to me. I said I'll take it. The disc is brand new...lol.

I love Mick Mars' solo on Too Young To Fall In Love. :D

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Petrucci is the man. Lately I've been listening to a lot of his solo work (not Dream Theater) and have started to worship him :bowdown: . His phrasings and technique are so awesome... :metal:

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
The new Opeth - Ghost Reveries

I like it but it runs periously close to sounding like zep influenced hippy jam band music in a couple of spots (thankfully very brief spots)

Beneath the Mire is a awesome song :yesway:

Overall I Quite enjoy it Methinks I hear a touch of Matheos in Mikaels playing (especially since they both use PRS guitars....)

I give it a 4.5 out of 5 YES go out and get it :shred:

I also picked up this Goth metal band called Leaves Eyes
Sort of a viking influenced mix of Nightwish and Within Temptation

The song writing has a bit too much of the cheesy euro vibe to it (think Abba and Ace of Base) The guitar playing is allmost non-existant.
With a better Producer to tighten up the songs it could have been a excellent CD also using an actual orchestra instead of samples orchestral music would have made a large difference.

I give it a 2.5 out of 5

Mudvayne - Lost and Found

I have only listened to it once
nothing really stuck in my head about it - a couple of the songe have a quasi - Tool vibe (or try to) Nothing really smacked of originality

Its decent but nothing stellar

3 out of 5

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Sigur Ros - ()
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV: Volume I, From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

...and a one minute sample of one of the new Korn tracks...it's different and interesting. I'm withholding judgement until I hear the full album. I still say Munky was the most interesting and diverse musician, while Head was the opinionated "it all sucks" type who didn't fully care about the music.

freakguitarman

Reaction score
John Mclaughlin - Montreux concerts - 17 cd box set
Allan Holdsworth - Against The Clock
Peter Gabriel - Just borrowed all his cds from the local music library

Dream Theater - When dream and day reunite (DVD)
Los Lobotomys - In concert (DVD)

olsonuf

Reaction score
Goliath said:
My favorite of theirs still. That cd, along w/ everything from Iron Maiden up to Fear of the Dark, got me to start playing guitar.

hookem.gif
hookem.gif
hookem.gif
hookem.gif
hookem.gif

')