What are you listening to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just finished Martyr's "Warp Zone", and I'm about to drop Marillion's "Season's End" in...

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
No, but i did just get Sodom - M-16 \m/

161166-0-300-0-300.jpg

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Listening to some mono mixes I did for an assignment at school. Straight from analogue 24-track (or 16-track in the case of Jack's really old tapes we get to mix from) to CD. We had to mix 6 songs in 3 hours and no panning allowed (mono only).

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
Chris said:
Megadeth - Peace Sells

That has got to be one of the defining metal albums of all time. I must have listened to that album 500 times. That and Ride The Lightning. For that matter, all pre-Black album Metallica. Now, before I start a flame war, the "black" album was a good album overall, but not up to the standards of earlier Metallica, and it signalled the beginning of the end, for the band that really got me playing guitar.

*sigh*

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
mazafaka said:
That has got to be one of the defining metal albums of all time. I must have listened to that album 500 times. That and Ride The Lightning. For that matter, all pre-Black album Metallica. Now, before I start a flame war, the "black" album was a good album overall, but not up to the standards of earlier Metallica, and it signalled the beginning of the end, for the band that really got me playing guitar.

*sigh*

Completely agree. Pre-black album Metallica is awesome. For me, black album has some good songs on it, but not nearly as good as their older stuff. The albums: Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, and Master Of Puppets are just awesome stuff. The songs "Ride The Lightning", "Seek And Destroy", and "For Whom The Bell Tolls" are 3 of my favorite Metallica songs

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
The greatest megadeth CD though -- Rust in Peace.

NP:Behemoth - Chant For Esxchaton 2000
ND:Heineken Minikeg \m/

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's funny, maybe it's because of my age and how old I was when I started listening to good music and picking up a guitar, but for me the Black Album was a big album for me guitar wise, and I've always been a fan of "modern" Metallica (I even kind of like St. Anger).

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
It's funny, maybe it's because of my age and how old I was when I started listening to good music and picking up a guitar, but for me the Black Album was a big album for me guitar wise, and I've always been a fan of "modern" Metallica (I even kind of like St. Anger).

I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong, since it is completely a thing of taste. But I only like a few songs after the Black Album. And, personally, I'm not even a big fan of the Black Album itself (although there are 2-3 songs on it that I really like). I don't hate St. Anger. I just don't think it's very good. Kind of the same with 90's Metallica. Don't hate it, but don't really like it much either.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Nevermore - Dead Heart In A Dead World :hbang:
Rappy McRapperson - Expand Your Mind (funny shit!) :lol:

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
Naren said:
I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong, since it is completely a thing of taste. But I only like a few songs after the Black Album. And, personally, I'm not even a big fan of the Black Album itself (although there are 2-3 songs on it that I really like). I don't hate St. Anger. I just don't think it's very good. Kind of the same with 90's Metallica. Don't hate it, but don't really like it much either.

I remember when Load was coming out and I was totally pysched that Metallica was going to go back to complicated arrangements and multiple time/key changes within a song... but then they just went straight down the crapper. I was totally bummed for a long time after that. My faith in good music was shaken for a long time.....

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
mazafaka said:
I remember when Load was coming out and I was totally pysched that Metallica was going to go back to complicated arrangements and multiple time/key changes within a song... but then they just went straight down the crapper. I was totally bummed for a long time after that. My faith in good music was shaken for a long time.....

I'm with you. That was supposed to be the summer of the return of metal with Metallica, Slayer, Queensryche, and Pantera all releasing new CDs.

While I never heard the Slayer disc, Load, Hear in the Now Frontier, and the Great Southern Trendkill all were major disapointments for me.

I wanted to rip my eyes out with a fork when I heard "Mama Said".

Oh, and the Black album ruled. 2nd best metal album of all time next to Awake :yesway:

')