What are you listening to?

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck complex arrangements. If the song sucks, the song sucks. You could be the best player in the world, but if you can't write a song it doesn't mean shit to me.

I like modern Metallica because they can write songs (I like early Metallica because they could write songs with more complex parts, but I like modern Metallica equally).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Behold, the attitude that spawned grunge...
Conversely, I dont care if you do write good songs. if you cant play for anything, it doesn't mean shit to me ;D

NP: Persuader - The Hunter

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
Fuck complex arrangements. If the song sucks, the song sucks. You could be the best player in the world, but if you can't write a song it doesn't mean shit to me.

I like modern Metallica because they can write songs (I like early Metallica because they could write songs with more complex parts, but I like modern Metallica equally).

I agree with the first part 100%.

I can't stand modern Metallica. It might have something to do with me not liking Bob Rock's songwriting style, or the fact that James' voice is complete trash now. Or that he spells his name Jaymz or some shit like that.

It's probably just because the music sucks, though.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Eaelion - How is it? Its like half of Persuader.. \m/

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think 2/3 of HB'ers CD collection is comprised of bands with either latin names, or that AE symbol somewhere in the name.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris - i was referring to eaelian's post about that band he's talking about..its got 2 members from Persuader ;p

I'm actually listening to Melechesh right now ;p

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Chris said:
I can't stand modern Metallica. It might have something to do with me not liking Bob Rock's songwriting style, or the fact that James' voice is complete trash now. Or that he spells his name Jaymz or some shit like that.

I know! When I first heard St. Anger, I said "Woah... what happened to his voice...?" I mean, you should be able to fix that in the recording studio... what DID happen? Does anyone know?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
If you've seen videos of them live recently, it sounds like James doesnt even CARE anymore... "Yeah, woo, whatever".

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Eaelion - How is it? Its like half of Persuader.. \m/

...and Thomen from Blind Guardian. If you liked Persuader, you'll like it - it's Blind Guardian without the suck. :lol:

Seriously, it could have come out between "Somewhere Far Beyond" and "Imaginations...", and it would have fit perfectly. Good disc.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
If you've seen videos of them live recently, it sounds like James doesnt even CARE anymore... "Yeah, woo, whatever".

I thought "I Disappear" was an absolutely horrible song. Someone on here said that most Metallica songs now are "Woahh-ho, yeah, ah-ha, woahhhh-ho, woahhhh-ho" and I immediately thought of "I Disappear." I did see a live video of Metallica a few months ago (1-2 songs) and it was like "he doesn't even seem to be trying anymore." And Kirk was just off the corner with his head down, off in his own world, playing solos as they came (probably sulking because James had told him to shut up and play or something. dunno).

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
...and Thomen from Blind Guardian. If you liked Persuader, you'll like it - it's Blind Guardian without the suck. :lol:

Seriously, it could have come out between "Somewhere Far Beyond" and "Imaginations...", and it would have fit perfectly. Good disc.

Nice. the thing i dont like about BG is while hansi is a good singer, no one needs that many vocal tracks. And i dont no more songs about elfs and shit.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Nice. the thing i dont like about BG is while hansi is a good singer, no one needs that many vocal tracks. And i dont no more songs about elfs and shit.

Check the Savage Circus out, then - it's a metal band, not a chior with some distorted guitar behind it like the last BG was.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:

Dude, I thought you were all about the Swedish and German metal bands that have creepy Fantasy artwork on their album covers and sing all about slaying dragons and journeying across frozen wildernesses to the castle of the fair maiden Gwenendelinia.

Personally I find that stuff very corny and, thus, am not a fan.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck that. I dont like fantasy stuff. I want ubersatanic, anti religious christ hating death metal.

')