What are you listening to?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just got the Ayumi Hamasaki remix CD and I've been listening to it quite a bit... :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:
I just got the Ayumi Hamasaki remix CD and I've been listening to it quite a bit... :D

I hate her voice. It's so whiney and nasaly. And her lyrics are pretty bad too.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
X Japan pwns Ayumi \m/
SADISTIC DESIRE *Headbang*

HELL YEAH! (in super high voice) SADISTIC DESIREEE! :scream: :scream: :hbang:

Of course... they don't really compare, seeing as they are both different styles of music. One is a band and one is an "idol"/pop singer. (I still think Ayumi Hamasaki sucks... and she has recently grown creepy-looking in an almost-ugly way... she used to be cute like 6 years ago)

But, seriously "Sadistic Desire" is one of the coolest songs. By the way, HateBreeder, can you play it? I've figured out about half of it on guitar, so far.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
HELL YEAH! (in super high voice) SADISTIC DESIREEE! :scream: :scream: :hbang:

Of course... they don't really compare, seeing as they are both different styles of music. One is a band and one is an "idol"/pop singer. (I still think Ayumi Hamasaki sucks... and she has recently grown creepy-looking in an almost-ugly way... she used to be cute like 6 years ago)

But, seriously "Sadistic Desire" is one of the coolest songs. By the way, HateBreeder, can you play it? I've figured out about half of it on guitar, so far.

Havent bothered to figure it out yet... doesnt seem too difficult.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Havent bothered to figure it out yet... doesnt seem too difficult.

Other than the solo, it isn't that hard at all. Lots of palm-muted open A.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. The solo doesnt sound TOO hard to figure out.. , the clean guitar bits before it though seem a bit hard to hear clearly...

Back on topic = Candlemass - Solitude \m/

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Coheed & Cambria, because a buddy of mine raves about them. I hate this fucknig guy's voice. It's awful.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
Coheed & Cambria, because a buddy of mine raves about them. I hate this fucknig guy's voice. It's awful.
That dude did an instore at the place i used to work at. Cool enough guy but i didnt have the guts to tell him i cant stand his band lol.
This drummer that works there will take every opporotunity he has to tell you he knows the band. the FIRST thing he said to me when i started there was "Do you know about Coheed & Cambria" I was like "I, uh, dont listen to the radio" "Oh, well i know them!".. and he was responsible for the in-store...

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Chris said:

I like a lot of the band's stuff, but I'll agree with you that I don't care for the voice that much. I wouldn't say I "hate" it, but not a fan. There are a few bands like that for me. For example: Nevermore. I really don't like the singer's voice, but I could give them a chance because of the music (I didn't give them much of a chance BECAUSE I didn't like the guy's voice, but maybe sometime I should. I gave them enough of a chance to listen to several songs off of 2 albums, so you can judge for yourself).

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Yeah. The solo doesnt sound TOO hard to figure out.. , the clean guitar bits before it though seem a bit hard to hear clearly...

Back on topic = Candlemass - Solitude \m/

I've always had trouble figuring out solos (specifically fast solos). The clean part might be hard to figure out because there are two guitars both playing "lead", but different "lead" at different parts of the fretboard. Also, the solo(s) is two guitars switching off and on lead (Hide and Pata - their styles are somewhat different).

Back on topic = Led Zeppelin - IV

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
I've always had trouble figuring out solos (specifically fast solos). The clean part might be hard to figure out because there are two guitars both playing "lead", but different "lead" at different parts of the fretboard. Also, the solo(s) is two guitars switching off and on lead (Hide and Pata - their styles are somewhat different).

Back on topic = Led Zeppelin - IV

I started using this program called "Transcribe" and i've figured out a bunch of solos, from Dio to Nevermore. after the first one, it gets easier. As for nevermore, Warrel's vocals arent for everyone, but i think they're great...then again i own all their albums, so yeah ;p

Nevermore - River Dragon \m/

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Bah, I fucking love Ayumi's voice, couldn't care less about the actual lyrics. :(

Not as much as Megumi Hayashibara, but up there.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like the remixes...

065. Ayumi Hamasaki - [Ayu-ro mix #01] Fly High [Euro-Power Mix] [4:50]

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
Bah, I fucking love Ayumi's voice, couldn't care less about the actual lyrics. :(

Not as much as Megumi Hayashibara, but up there.

Megumi Hayashibara's a pretty good voice actress, but as a singer? Nah.

At least Megumi Hayashibara's singing voice isn't super whiney and annoying like Ayumi's.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
Megumi Hayashibara's a pretty good voice actress, but as a singer? Nah.

At least Megumi Hayashibara's singing voice isn't super whiney and annoying like Ayumi's.

See, we don't agree on metal either. :p

P.S. I hate male vocal j-pop/j-rock. :fawk:

Latest posts

')