What are you listening to?

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, Crystal Planet is the only one of his I own. I'm really a big fan, but CP is a good album, though it's not really made me run out and buy any more of his stuff. I was far more engrossed in Nevermore earlier on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Karl Hungus said:
I was far more engrossed in Nevermore earlier on.

Speaking of Nevermore...

NP: Dreaming Neon Black

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Naren said:
+1
Just listened to "One Foot In The Blues" by ZZ Top. My friend and I were jamming along to "Fool For Your Stockings" last night. I love Billy Gibbons. :D

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed on the anime thing, though I have my problems too. There's a certain translation company that I don't really trust anymore, after they messed with a couple of shows I really liked.

Naren said:
On topic: Really? 7-string on a Dragonforce album? Their stuff always had that nice high-pitched 80's playing off the A string in standard sound. I'd be interested to hear them with a low B riff.

That's what it sounds like, it's far from the whole track, but there are parts of at least 2 songs that sound very low. Either it's the best executed use of inverted barre chords and a 5 string bass I've ever heard, or that's a 7 string. heh

This definitley a Dragonforce album though, I dunno how Herman plays that fast without being talked about like crazy on every site. lol Probably because their band doesn't suck?

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Time for some different tunes:

Arsis - A Diamond For Disease

Fucking sickeningly bad-ass. Must have for fans of Death Metal, Tech Death, and/or Melo-death, IMO. I mean, they do an Alice Cooper cover and make it sound like it was originally DM. lol

For those interested:

www.myspace.com/arsis

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
Arsis - A Diamond For Disease

Fucking sickeningly bad-ass. Must have for fans of Death Metal, Tech Death, and/or Melo-death, IMO. I mean, they do an Alice Cooper cover and make it sound like it was originally DM. lol

+100

These guys absolutely rule! Last year's disc, "A Celebration of Guilt", was one of my favorite discs of last year, and "A Diamond for Disease" may be even cooler. Side note - ADfD was actually composed as a ballet!

In a similar vein, I'm about to pop in Martyr's "Warp Zone" for the morning workout...

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Gustav Mahler/Uri Caine: Urlicht/Primal Light

http://www.uricaine.com/discography/urlicht.html

This is an extraordinary recording, it's available from Amazon. You'll learn more from the reviews than from the samples. This dude brings many vastly different influences to the table - brilliant stuff.

btw, Arsis sounds awesome, might find myself ordering that one soon!

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sentient said:
Sanctuary's "Refuge Denied" :metal:

Great album! Man, I haven't heard that in a LONG time. Warrel when he was still up in the stratosphere. :hbang:

NP: Spastic Ink - Ink Compatible - Jarzombeck is just sick, man...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
OSI, "ShutDOWN." Can't say enough about this album, except that my two dream gigs are lead guitar on a Mick Jagger solo tour, and guitar on an OSI tour, and if I was ever simutaneously offered both, I'd be hard pressed to choose one.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Peppino D' Agostino and Stef Burns (both on favored nations, recorded a cd together). Great stuff. PD handles the acoustic and S Burns handles the electric.

Sentient

Metal Dog
Contributor
Reaction score
"The Lumberjack" by Jackyl. (Chainsaw solos are badass. :metal:)

Burke

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Cryptopsy - Once Was Not \m/

In the Kingdom Where everything dies, the Sky Is Mortal \m/

')