What are you listening to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
hahah !!! do it yourself ......... Mr Vigna is a Mentor of mine...his stage attitude is EMENCE !!!!!........ I M M O L A T I O N !!!!!!!!

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - Alaska

Heavy enough for death metal fans!
Hard enough for hardcore fans!
Light enough for emo kids!
Technical enough to make every musician wanna quit playing for good!

:hbang: Best CD of 2005 thus far! :hbang:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV: Volume I, From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

Yes. That's the full title. It's an awesome album, covers everything they've done before, expands on it, and pays tribute to Zepplin and Floyd in the process (and extremely well I might add). It's dark, it's full of great playing, the songs are catchy...

If you can get by the immature thought of "That guy sings like a girl" and realize that he's a really good singer who happens to have a strangely high voice, you don't hear it as strange anymore and just listen to the playing (the drummer and bassist alone could make any band awesome, both have an amazing sound and technique, but the guitarists are kickass too, lots of solos on this one).

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Nevermore~ The riverdragon has come

Oh,^ I am so looking foreward to CO&CA new album. I think this one is going to put them on the map.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Kotex said:
Oh,^ I am so looking foreward to CO&CA new album. I think this one is going to put them on the map.
Only if they pick the right singles. They could completely kill it by picking the wrong one. The album's amazing, but it's got a lot of the long songs that piss off the casual listeners out there, and that the fans love so much.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
^They will shorten them, just like they did with "Welcome home" (The video), where they cut part of the intro, solo, and the ending out.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Jerich said:
hahah !!! do it yourself ......... Mr Vigna is a Mentor of mine...his stage attitude is EMENCE !!!!!........ I M M O L A T I O N !!!!!!!!
I see him at every concert i go to ;p

NP:Cryhavoc \m/

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Kotex said:
^They will shorten them, just like they did with "Welcome home" (The video), where they cut part of the intro, solo, and the ending out.
Not quite. In fact, the radio edit of "The Suffering" (the second single) is longer than the album version (they add part of the final chorus into the first chorus that's not there in the album version, makes it catchier) :lol:

But trust me, there's a few songs that are un-shorten-able and wouldn't work well as singles. And besides, there's lots of people that bought IKSOSE:3 because of "A Favor House Atlantic" and "Blood Red Summer" but bitch constantly about how much they hate the title track.

Personally I feel that Co&Ca has reached their comfort zone where they don't have to compromise anything and have a strong following, a great major label deal, high budget...They don't need to be trendy, that would kill them since all trends die fast. I hope they just gradually build an even bigger following of true music fans, sell lots of albums and concert tickets, and never have a huge hit single.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
^That is so weird, I've been listening to Domination lately too and I absolute love Inquisition (Burn With Me). It wasn't my favorite track until recently. Well done song! Trey fucking shreds. :evil:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i love Dominate.. that song rules. And "Nothing But Fear" is amazing \m/

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Origanally posted by eleven59
But trust me, there's a few songs that are un-shorten-able and wouldn't work well as singles. And besides, there's lots of people that bought IKSOSE:3 because of "A Favor House Atlantic" and "Blood Red Summer" but bitch constantly about how much they hate the title track~~Personally I feel that Co&Ca has reached their comfort zone where they don't have to compromise anything and have a strong following, a great major label deal, high budget...They don't need to be trendy, that would kill them since all trends die fast. I hope they just gradually build an even bigger following of true music fans, sell lots of albums and concert tickets, and never have a huge hit single.

Well then, they really shouldn't have fucked with "Welcome home", because it's not as good as the album version. But when I said put them on the map I didn't neccesarly mean being super popular, and all over MTV. I just meant more people would reconignize them for their skills. Because they kick some ass one the cd. Their first one was okay, the second was much better and this one is way better. They've gotten much better in everything.

')