What are you listening to?

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
Overkill - W.F.O. (Wide F*ckin' Open) Just don't know why this band isn't biggger than they are. For pure face smacking thrash these guys are relentless. "Under One", "Supersonic Hate", "Up To Zero" & "They Eat Their Young".... these tracks are classic east coast thrash. F*cking smoking!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broj15

Reaction score
Been listening to The Mountain Goats a ton lately (long time fan, but I've already seen him once this year and was blown away and will be seeing him again next week). Might not be this forums style of music, but I think a majority of us can appreciate this song:

Reaction score
Napalm Death `Scum` (recorded by the BBC in 1988)

I think you're thinking of The Peel Sessions! Which itself is so awesome. SCUM is basically two records, by two different lineups, shoehorned onto one release - it was all recorded in Birmingham. [/grindcore nerd]. I always liked "From Enslavement To Obliteration" better, of the early studio albums.

now playing
Khanate - Things Viral

and now I think I need a hug :nuts:

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
I love that song. Darth Jaz has one of the greatest voices in rock'n'roll. It's like a chainsaw ripping through very wet flesh.

I used to greet people at the door by...I knew they could hear me through the door, so I would sing, "Five seconds till it hits us...Three seconds to ground...One second to..." and I would time it so that I'd be opening the door with, "Asterooooooooooooooooid!"

So yeah, now I'm listening to that, too. I think I'll put on Wardance next.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I love that song. Darth Jaz has one of the greatest voices in rock'n'roll. It's like a chainsaw ripping through very wet flesh.

I used to greet people at the door by...I knew they could hear me through the door, so I would sing, "Five seconds till it hits us...Three seconds to ground...One second to..." and I would time it so that I'd be opening the door with, "Asterooooooooooooooooid!"

So yeah, now I'm listening to that, too. I think I'll put on Wardance next.

Pretty appropriate analogy right there... indeed like the chainsaw through wet flesh lol. I dug on their self entitled album for quite a while somewhere around the mid- late 80's. Even though I was a little late to the party, songs like the bittersweet Love Like Blood and the hypnotic throbbing wave of Total Invasion kept me very much mesmerized. Their stage presence ( pretty much Jaz) and their overall unique mix of ear candy was really solid... the synthesized backs and the flesh-cutting saw that was Jaz, along with the high energy skills of Big Paul... awesome stuff.

A big "Hell Yea!" to War Dance too... Requiem all the way through imo.

No idea where I was going with all that. :nuts: ... easy to for me to start rambling on in a frenzied religious-like passion where certain bands are concerned lol.

Hell, I was the kid that tried to get away playing "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" at Thanksgiving dinner one year... keeping it relatively quiet as "background" ambiance.... then standing up and walking calmly over to the turntable and cranking up those KLH speakers as loud as they'd go... right where the best scream was hiding! thought damned grandma was gonna stroke out right there and then in her chair! Ah... memories...

:hbang:

Reaction score
Ah well done, I forgot that was out. I really liked the last one.

RUN THE JEWELS 2

Over hyped but still really good. Boppin' beats yo.

')