What are you listening to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goth_fiend

Reaction score
signed2.jpg

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Heed - The Call

This is the former singer and one of the guitarists from Lost Horizon. It's not bad, but it's also not powermetal, it's more traditional and a lot deeper/thicker sounding. lol I'm still of the opinion that Crystal Eyes or Lost Horizon would've been better suited to these vocals.

Still, pretty cool stuff, dunno if there'll be a real US release though, the one I have is the Japanese release... Crystal Eyes is still only really available by ordering it straight off their website(then waiting for it to cross the atrlantic. :p), this might suffer the same fate.

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
System of a Down - "Hypnotize"

Kicks ass. Seriously.

Really? I'm VERY disappointed in Hypnotize. I liked Mesmerize, but not as much as the old albums, but I don't know, something doesn't sit well with me with Hypnotize at all. Ah well, to each his own.

I've been listening to the latest Old Man's Child album, Vermin :hbang:

Roland777

Reaction score
Jamiroquai - a funk odyssey.

If you want to slam me, keep in mind that Chris listens to Avril Lavigne.

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
The little Jamiroquai i've heard was very good. I don't think they're worthy of being slammed, unlike Avril Lavigne lol

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I like Jamiroquai, and Avril Lavigne as well (hey, she has some talented musicians, producers, engineers, and songwriters working for her, I can respect them even if I'm listening to them under someone else's name), but wouldn't mind slamming her either, if you catch my meaning. ;) Too bad she's marrying that knob from Sum41.

Roland777

Reaction score
Allright, I'll drop another nuke.

Paul Wall ft. Big Pokey - Sittin' sidewayz

I'm generally not a big fan of rap, much less gangsta-rap, but this song just screams "BOUNCE, BEEYATCH!".

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Shikaru said:
Really? I'm VERY disappointed in Hypnotize. I liked Mesmerize, but not as much as the old albums, but I don't know, something doesn't sit well with me with Hypnotize at all. Ah well, to each his own.
I like it, but it doesn't catch you right away, it has to grow on you a bit more. The songs "Hypnotize", "Lonely Day", "Soldier Side", and "Viscinity to Obscenity" hooked me, and now I like all the tracks on there. They've definitely evolved from their early sound, but there's moments on here that sound like Toxicity (the chorus of the 2nd track for example, can't remember the name at the moment).

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
<<< currently being subjected to Mark Lanigan's (Screaming Trees dude) solo CD at work. But in 15 minutes, I'll be in the comforts on my truck with

:hbang: DIMMU BORGIR - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia :hbang:

CL7

Gangsta Guitarist
Reaction score
I'm listenin 2 dry kill logic, raunchy, mnemic,face cage,flaw, and smaxone.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Finger Eleven - The Greyest Of Blue Skies
AKO - Find Yourself
Love Psychedelico - Best
Filter - Short Bus
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Pressure 4-5 - Burning The Process
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Travis - Invisible Band
Seether - Disclaimer