What are you using for tabs? Tab pro?

• Thread starter Jmac15
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac15

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been a while since I've played guitar and was wondering what everyone uses for tabs? I play mostly djent and what not. (After the burial, periphery, etc.) so a site that has those would be preferred. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
What an endorsement for djent. I generally search for the artist/song I want on ultimate-guitar. I am, as others are, wont to view and edit with Guitar Pro 5, while having 6 to use when I'm forced to - Usually for the sake of exporting a .gp5. If you don't wish to aquire Guitar Pro, tuxguitar is a freeware reader for viewing downloaded files. On ultimate-guitar, you can sort the tabs by "Pro" to find these. Powertab files are an increasingly-rarer option; as the freeware has been obsolete for some years.

If a transcription you wish to view/download has been "removed at the request of the publisher", you are likely viewing the page from a US-based IP address, and I cannot in good conscience recommend bingproxy for circumventing such legal matters conveniently. I will neither entertain nor honor requests for aid in proliferating such claimed intellectual properties; and urge you to support the artists and publishing rights-holders through purchasing officially-licensed transcriptions such as you'd find available for purchase through the publisher or such fine retailers as Amazon.com.

Jmac15

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't really like calling it that, I just don't know what else to call it. I'm looking to learn songs mostly in that kind of genre. Intervals, modern day Babylon, tesseract, etc. it may not be what everyone likes, but it's what I want to learn at this point. Not really trying to endorse anything. Just excited to be playing guitar again.

bzhan1

Banned
Reaction score
no one pays for tab software man, the internet is a great place

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Guitar Pro 6, although its been super glitchy lately...

madwham

Reaction score
Same as above, most of my tabs come from Ultimate Guitar, then I read and edit them with Guitar Pro 6. Once I have the song well in hand, I'm using Amazing Slow Downer to build up speed and finalize the work.

gnoll

Reaction score
I used to use GP 5 but then I switched over to tuxguitar. I think both programs have pros and cons to them, but I ended up preferring tuxguitar. I mostly use it for writing though, and checking the occasional tab every once in a while.

Reaction score
I use Guitar Pro 6. It gets a lot of hate but I honestly don't know why. It's a great piece of software. I just go to ultimate-guitar.com and download the GP file I'm looking for. EZ-PZ.

A-Branger

Reaction score
many years ago (like 10 ago) I used to use powertab I Never liked guitar pro

now powertab changed into tuxguitar

I used to find all my songs in here Power Tab Archive (PTA) @ powertabs.net

it was the best source and more accurate for that point in time I was using to get Dream Theater songs.

the site was shut down due to copyrights for many years. Its been now re-open to downlad tabs again

Another good one is Songsterr pretty good for a quick check online. You have to pay to fully use it and save ect, but for a quick online playtrough its free

Latest posts

')