What band are you binging over?

• Thread starter GuitaristOfHell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Christmas is Mariah Carey time, basically her first few albums up to and including the Christmas album - i.e. before she got into all of the hip-hop and rap stuff.

Better singer than anyone in metal, period. It's too bad most of her music is not very good.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Been playing the shit out of Alt-J's "An Awesome Wave." It's pretty fuckin good and a crazy mix of styles.

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
Dusted off the Rage Against the Machine CDs the other day. Haven't listened to them in years. Great stuff.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score

Used to listen to this all the time growing up at dinner time so it reminds me of pasta night. It always makes me hungry :lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Ugh. I hate to be a hater, but I can't stand Maroon 5. Just way to banal and formulaic pop to me. I don't believe they focus group their songs, but it always sounds like that to me. Interestingly, I actually have a lot of respect for the guys in the band because they write their own stuff. And Adam Levine can play pretty much every instrument. But I'd just like to hear something out of what I consider the safe zone. Then again, I'm aware they don't have to cater to my tastes!

For my constant rotations I have a hard time doing a full album unless it's a theme album, and then it feels more like one big story. My favorite for that is The Wall. But I've also lately found myself listening to a lot of AAL and Chimp Spanner because there's enough dynamic variation in their songs to prevent it from all blending together.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
There's a couple Maroon 5 songs I like, but I rarely put them on unless I'm in a dancing mood. I like Jason Mraz for similar reasons. Fun music! Can't stand Taylor Swift though.

Was on a Steven Wilson binge last week, now it's Ihsahn, 3, and Deftones.

...now I've got This Love stuck in my head...

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
right now

Between the buried and me paralex part 2 future sequence and Periphery II

')