What bands did you see live recently / are waiting to see?

• Thread starter p0ke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Beartooth is here Thursday and I really want to go, but my busted toes are screaming, "You will hate yourself for it."

Vai is here this fall. Still debating.

Literally nothing else appeals other than the bar that hosts metal night every once in a while. Those are a toss-up between surprisingly good and shockingly horrifyingly bad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Just saw Yngwie. Honestly wasnt that good. Next month I see Rammstein after getting tickets more than 2.5 years ago and then right after that will be seeing Testament and Exodus. Very excited for both shows

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Saw Mayhem in May and they fucking killed it. Amazing set list. Seeing Great American Ghost in September and Spectral Wound in October twice.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Last concert I went to was CHVRCHES last November and they were great. I wanted to see Tears For Fears but I would've had to go to Chicago and I hate driving in Chicago.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Saw the Lilith Czar, The Warning, Pretty Reckless, Halestorm tour just a few weeks ago. That was great. All four bands killed it live.
I saw this, too. My dad has been a Halestorm fan so I grabbed tickets. We missed Lilith Czar and caught the rest. All bands really put on a great show. This was surprisingly good even for bands I wasn't familiar with.

Aside from that, it's prime time outdoor shows in NJ. I've seen a number of shows in the past few weeks. Saw The Used on Sunday. They were alright.

Saw the Goo Goo Dolls the night before. Their sound was disappointing but they put on a good show. It's easy to forget how many big songs these guys have. Their opening band, Blue October, was really uncomfortable to watch and sit through. Never heard of them and wish I could still say that.

Had tickets to see A Day to Remember the weekend prior but didn't end up going. The heatwave was too much to pack into a sold out outdoor show. I was kind of interested in checking out Bad Omens. I'm sure there will be another chance.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I totally forgot. I'll be seeing Hevisaurus today :lol: It's a kid's metal band and my 6yo daughter especially loves them. They're actually pretty good if you disregard the fact that they play super quiet - so quiet in fact that you can hear their strings buzzing and clicking from their e-drums etc. They used to play loud like normal bands, but then at some point I guess they got too many complaints from parents that they had to reduce their volume, and then they took it too far.

I sent them a complaint about it too, as it's not very convenient that the crowd has to be quiet or you won't hear the band. I don't really expect them to react though, so I'm considering bringing a long stick to the show and hiding next to the mixing desk, and when no-one's looking I'll poke the master volumes up little by little :lol:

Also I think if they did indeed raise their volume, even a little, a lot of parents would complain again. Some parents probably complain that it's too loud even as is... Hell, last time they played here, 2 years ago, people complained that they won't be coming to the show because it starts too late (6:30 pm) so it'll ruin their kids' bedtime routines. Yes, it was a little odd that all other bands at the same venue all summer played at 6pm and then the kids' band played half an hour later, but still. If your kids can't go to sleep a tad later that one time, maybe you have a problem? :lol:

Last edited:

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
I saw Dream Theater and Ghost a week apart earlier this year (January and February).

I have tickets to see The Aristocrats, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Trivium in the next few months!

Gwdion

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I discovered Imperial Triumphant a few months ago and I'm absolutely in love with their new album, I think it's one of the most interesting things in metal I've heard in a while. So when I found out that they're gonna play just a few blocks from my house next week, I was hyped! Very much looking forward to seeing them.
I'm also full of anticipation for Anna von Hausswolff in October and Porcupine Tree in November.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Saw Plini a few weeks ago and just bought a ticket for his next gig in October.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
It was a lot of bands because it was a festival but the main thing was Vildjarta. My band actually played right before them on a different stage so couldn't catch the whole show but they were good.

Got Covid afterwards tho.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I am embarrassed to admit I haven't seen a live concert since my son was born 6 years ago.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I totally forgot. I'll be seeing Hevisaurus today :lol: It's a kid's metal band and my 6yo daughter especially loves them. They're actually pretty good if you disregard the fact that they play super quiet - so quiet in fact that you can hear their strings buzzing and clicking from their e-drums etc. They used to play loud like normal bands, but then at some point I guess they got too many complaints from parents that they had to reduce their volume, and then they took it too far.

I sent them a complaint about it too, as it's not very convenient that the crowd has to be quiet or you won't hear the band. I don't really expect them to react though, so I'm considering bringing a long stick to the show and hiding next to the mixing desk, and when no-one's looking I'll poke the master volumes up little by little :lol:

Hah, I barely believe myself but they actually did raise their volume! Just enough that you didn't need protection but still pretty loud :)

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
WIfe and I saw Gojira completely by happenstance. We were in Helsinki for the weekend and started seeing dudes in black T-Shirts. A quick google search, and we've got seats at the venue across the street from our hotel. Great show, was on my bucket list. We've got tickets to see In Flames in a couple of months when they roll through our area. I might pull the trigger on Machine Head tickets because The Halo Effect is opening. Honestly just glad bands are touring again. We're in a great area to be able to hit shows.

Omzig

Reaction score
I was going to go see Evergrey this coming Sept, but looking at their current set list so far for this tour it seems they are only playing 3 tunes from their latest album (A Heartless Portrait) i really do love this current album but pretty much all their earlier stuff i find a little bit Meh...

Musiscience

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of their music (yes, they do have some undeniably awesome stuff too, but it's still not quite my thing), but I'm considering seeing them just for the production.
I had not listened to them in about 15 years and can say it was worth every penny. Sounded absolutely huge. Do it.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Euhh lets see...

1 week ago: Igorrr + Aborted, both cool shows, love Igorrr
3 weeks ago: Cattle decapitated + Blood incartation, also cool, esspecially cattle
weekend before cattle I was at radar festival, lots of cool bands, highlights: Haken, Leprous, The Dali Thundering Concept, Cold night for alligators.

Wednesday i go to see the ocean, always nice live (ok it will be the thirth times this year but they are playing close to my home so yeah why not... :)

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
- Coldplay in Atlanta at MB Stadium. After seeing U2 on the 360 tour, I didn't think I would ever see a better live production, but Coldplay was incredible. H.E.R. was also the most surprising part of the show though. She showed some serious chops but it's odd because the live versions of all of her songs are much better than the programmed versions on her albums. I'm really hoping she continues toward more of a blues approach to her recordings. Mercedes Benz is awesome. Definitely makes the experience better.

- Deftones and Gojira in Nashville Municipal. Gojira is so incredibly tight live. Their sound was spot on. Deftones are just a much looser band live. Chino was great but Stephen's tone seemed to get lost in the mix more than normal. The Municipal needs to be condemned.

- Opeth/ Mastodon at the Ryman. Brent seemed disinterested in even being there. Brann's drums sounded bad in the mix all night. Troy and Bill sounded fantastic. Troy's live vocals seem to be getting better and his bass tone was massive. I'm not an Opeth fan, but they killed it with the fill-in drummer on one of the first dates. I thought Zeal & Ardor put together a great opening set. I've seen heavy music shows at the Ryman before and I've never seen a band struggle as much with sound as much as Mastodon there.

')