What bands did you see live recently / are waiting to see?

• Thread starter p0ke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Golpe (crust hardcore/punk)
Ügly mind (melodic hardcore, punk side of pop punk)
Great gig. Met up with a lot of people, some I hadn't seen in many years. In the upstairs function room of a bar, so it was small ,full and rowdy.

Few week back,
Matrak attakk ( heavy as fuck crust/ hardcore)
Subordinate (melodic neocrust)
The assault (noisy punk)
This was on a Wednesday, so quiet gig.
Bands still gave it all, really good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Golpe (crust hardcore/punk)
Ügly mind (melodic hardcore, punk side of pop punk)
Great gig. Met up with a lot of people, some I hadn't seen in many years. In the upstairs function room of a bar, so it was small ,full and rowdy.

Few week back,
Matrak attakk ( heavy as fuck crust/ hardcore)
Subordinate (melodic neocrust)
The assault (noisy punk)
This was on a Wednesday, so quiet gig.
Bands still gave it all, really good.
Good to see crust bands still being a thing lol

LCW

Reaction score
Meshuggah last weekend. Blew me away. Unbelievably tight live performance!

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
I saw Joe Satriani 10 days ago and then saw Trivium on the Monday after!

Joe Satriani was fantastic. For some reason, he was hugging the left part of the stage. He positioned himself so far away from the rest of the band, except for when he moved around occasionally.

Trivium were great. They brought Khemmis and Whitechapel, which are two bands I am not familiar with. They also brought BTBAM with them, but I could never get into them over the years. So I sat through three hours of music I was not interested in before Trivium came on.

When I saw Ghost in January, they had two bands in front of them (Twin Temple and Volbeat) and I though that was also too much. Dream Theater had one opener (Arch Echo) and it didn’t feel like they were on for too long.

Also, I saw The Aristocrats at the end of August. The opening act was a jazz band called The Emi Gilbert Trio. That is Paul Gilbert’s wife. After they finished, Paul Gilbert got onstage and introduced the main act.

Met a couple of new friends there as well, so that was cool!

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I have tickets to see Steve Vai next month -- that should be rad!

HarveyForte

Dadbod Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw Black Midi last friday. Those kids put on a fantastic live show.

Played some quick covers too. Elton John, Bruce Springsteen lol

PiggySmallz

Reaction score
Trivium were great. They brought Khemmis and Whitechapel, which are two bands I am not familiar with. They also brought BTBAM with them, but I could never get into them over the years. So I sat through three hours of music I was not interested in before Trivium came on.
Whitechapel is amazing. Saw them open for Killswitch Engage in 2009. Would love to see them again since they've released the Valley and Kin. BTBAM is another amazing band, Dustie Waring is a killer musician. Never got into Trivium, saw them live too. Just too generic for me.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Trivium is my next upcoming show on the 28th
Jukebox the Ghost the following night in NY
Turnstile on the 20th of next month will be rad too

Don't have shit planned for December at the moment but I'm sure it'll book up soon enough

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Saw Turnstile over the weekend. They were pretty disappointing live. Sound and performance were bad.

Up next is Petrucci tomorrow night. That should be fun seeing Portnoy and Petrucci again. I'm really looking forward to Steve Vai at the end of the month. The last time I saw him live had to be at least 10-15 years ago which sounds crazy to say. The years go way too fast.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Seeing Petrucci at the end of this month and Trivium a week later.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
PXL_20221013_011734616.jpg

Petrucci, LaRue and Portnoy were on fire tonight. Really glad I didn't miss this. I forgot how good those old Suspended Animation songs are.

FearTheDeer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Saw Al Di Meola last month and he absolutely crushed. Amazing performance. Looking forward to seeing Counterparts next month.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Saw Testament, Exodus and Death Angel last night....
teda5.jpg

Testament was awesome (with our lord and savior Dave Lombardo on the kit), but I was mostly there to see opening act Exodus....
teda4.jpg

teda3.jpg

That said, the band that impressed me the most (also for some reason their sound was by far the best, not even close) was opening opening act Death Angel
teda1.jpg

I never gave them their due all this time which was a mistake on my part as they killed it

Again something weird happened with the sound and it was not as good as it should have been for Exodus and Testament. It wasn't bad for those bands and if that's all you heard you would not complain but compared to Death Angel you definitely noticed, we all did. Also outside of Gary Holt who is just a madman on stage if there was an award for having the most energy from a collective band it goes to DA

RadoncROCKs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Since last December I've seen...
Intervals
Shadows Fall (reunion one night only show in Worcester)
Dream Theater/Arch Echo
Animals as Leaders/Intervals
Trivium/Lamb of God/Megadeth
Polyphia

Ones I couldn't make because of life but wanted to are AAL/Killswitch/LOG, Petrucci, and Arch Echo headliner tour

Coming up:
Judas Priest in November - never seen them before, bucket list item
Covet in December

Busy year feels strange going a month without a show

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Just saw Bloodbound with Altaria and Captain Black Beard. Bloodbound were awesome, 100% recommended for anyone they're passing by.
Also both the opening bands sounded way better than from Spotify, somehow they had way more power and guitars were mixed louder than on the album mix.
That's me in the pic :)

Attachments

• received_670453707627415.jpeg
    received_670453707627415.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 13

Steo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be gigs between now and then, but, I've booked tickets/flights/ Hotel for Dreadfest in Leeds next march.

Latest posts

')