What bands did you see live recently / are waiting to see?

• Thread starter p0ke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Spun "Colors II" the other day since 3/5 of BTBAM's set tonight is from it, along with Son of Nothing (banger as always), and one from Parallax II; I really didn't like the single I heard from it but the whole album is actually quite good, and I'm not really a fan of them. I look at them the same as TBDM where I recognized them and a lot of people liked them, but at the time it wasn't for me (although I do love Brandon era TBDM).

Whitechapel's set list is also 90% of their latest album, but Trivium's is a good mix of old and new so I'm pumped to see them headline, don't recall having seen them since 2005 with Bodom, which is crazy to me

ExplorerMike

60% of the time...it works every time.
Reaction score
Just saw Band-Maid back on the 21st, that was great. They put on a great show and sound killer live. Crowd was fantastic as well.

Going to Trivium’s headliner November 6th then I’m done for big shows for the year I think.

syzygy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just saw Turnstile tonight, and what a show! I hadn't ever really listened to them before but it was super high energy and super tight. Openers weren't my cup of tea (a rapper and an indie artist) but Turnstile was so fun that I didn't even care

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Nordic Metal Cruise 2022. Awesome. I haven't listened to any of the bands, but Ihsahn was the best. Didn't have much expectations but the show was awesome. Assemble the Chariots didn't do anything for me, and Ember Falls was mixed pretty bad so you couldn't hear the guitars at all, + they're a bit too poppy, I guess... Leprous sound great, but a bit too light for my taste.

ExplorerMike

60% of the time...it works every time.
Reaction score
Just saw Trivium last night in Dallas. They absolutely killed it, they get better every time I see them.
81F15018-3E0E-4069-9439-63E40A9A4577.jpeg
AF7D9CAD-297D-4EBF-8EDC-B7FCCF285E6A.jpeg
B4636412-4504-459B-8053-3B795EC6EFC1.jpeg
38C1C95C-F7EB-46F2-A924-D30A6FD6AC4C.jpeg
BEAFADA7-5BB4-485A-A204-4EB65DDEFA33.jpeg

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
tomorrow is 3 weeks until Amon Amarth but I'm just going for the 3 death metal bands with them

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Depending on how I feel this weekend, I might try and catch the Mercyful Fate show on Sunday, I've been listening to a decent chunk of the King lately for whatever reason

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm taking the family to see Rainbow Kitten Surprise next month. I've only heard a handful of their songs but I've heard they're decent live.

I don't recall if I posted after going, but Amigo the Devil is super good live.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
I would like to see Alter Bridge as they're one of my favourite bands from my teenage years, and I've never seen them. But I just don't like the last 3 albums at all. I don't know what the set list is like. One Day Remains to Fortress are legendary to me. Everything after I just can't listen to 😵‍💫😵‍💫

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Less than two weeks to Vai at the local dive. I really want to go, but the idea fo staying out until pre-dawn thirty on a Monday now? Dunno if can do, and I'm in a lock-in situation at work where taking days off is tantamount to baby eatin' in the town square, so I'm torn.

Hmm.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw Porcupine Tree live back in September. It was absolutely magical.

Seeing Vola this Sunday. Pretty excited for that one, but it'll be my first time going to a concert alone so I'm kinda nervous 😅

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow I totally forgot about Vola. I was listening to them a lot after Witness was released and then switched gears. I'm looking forward to new music from them.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow I totally forgot about Vola. I was listening to them a lot after Witness was released and then switched gears. I'm looking forward to new music from them.
Yeah, Vola was my favorite discovery of 2022, along with Bad Omens' latest album. They fill a void I didn't know existed.

')