What bands did you see live recently / are waiting to see?

• Thread starter p0ke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Lamb of God in August, in Penticton, British Columbia. They are doing the Ashes of Leviathan tour with Mastodon.

I'm a huge Lamb of God fan. I love hockey too, I ordered a custom made Lamb of God hockey jersey in February for the concert this August.

View attachment 145863

Here it is next to my Edmonton Oilers jerseys.
View attachment 145864

View attachment 145865

Since Lamb of God are doing the 20th anniversary of the Ashes of the Wake album Live, I bought summer shorts too that have the Ashes of the awake logo. I love Lamb of God! They are my favorite band!

It's been 20 years since ashes of the wake?

Some days feel so long but time really does just zip by.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
I saw Pallbearer the other day. Fantastic show with some of the best tone I've heard live in a long time. I appreciate the doom guys bringing an obscene amount of wattage to the live game.

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
Saw the Mastodon / Lamb of God show last night. It was a cool idea to have both of these albums for this tour, which apparently were released on the same day back in 2004. Both bands were on top of their game, the complete album playthroughs was a lot of fun and love it when bands do something like that. Earlier I looked at photos I took back on the original tours, lots of memories there, and happy to see their successes. Mastodon especially was a big influence on me getting out of playing generic thrash riffs and into more creative song structures. I wish both bands had a bit more time to play other songs, they each only had about 3-4 songs after playing the albums, but it was a pretty packed setlist as it was. The visuals for Mastodon were on point for the theme of the album, lots of sea beasts and sailing into storms. Think my only complaint is the sound in the venue was a bit too bass heavy throughout, the thump on the kicks really overwhelmed a lot and heard a number of complaints about it after the show. Really great energy from all the bands and fun night to remember though.

Missed most of Malevolence's set unfortunately, not familiar with them but last couple of songs in the set sounded good. Kerry King's solo outfit is basically leftover Slayer, but glad it's an opportunity for the members to get a paycheck and have fun playing stuff live. Even threw in a couple of Slayer covers, lazy but it was great fan service for the crowd.

Mastodon on the original Leviathan tour in '04 a few blocks from where I lived - opened with Hearts Alive!
mastodon03 - 34.jpg

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
^ I'll be seeing that one in a couple weeks, wild to think I haven't seen Lamb of God besides the one time back in '07 when they toured Sacrament, but this will be my 5th or 6th Mastodon show since 2006 when I saw them for the first time with the Unholy Alliance tour

BeyonThe7thSeal

Reaction score
Went to the local “big” venue last night to watch a friends band open up for Drowning Pool and a band called A killers confession, which from what I understand is fronted by a former member of mushroomhead but wouldn’t say the bands name nor what song of theirs he was covering. They didn’t sound awful but it was quite boring, and they all wore all white boiler suits and it seemed the singer was lip synching quite a bit as his chest never moved and he would be “singing” some notes that would require that. And he has his face plastered on his gear trailer, which apropos of everything is just weird to me. Drowning Pool was decent for being a nostalgia act. However my friends band surprised everyone being a death metal band about grilling meat opening for whatever you’d call drowning pool.

')