What bands music are you jamming to?

• Thread starter DTUNED7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys have been playing lately?Me Mesuggah,Korn and some Deftones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
For the last week...

Opeth - Still Life
Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical....
John Petrucci - Suspended Animation

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Sodom - M-16

Figured out a chunk of about 3 or 4 songs off the album.

Reaction score
Trying to find some bands tab books that play seven exclusively like Korn, any suggestions?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been jamming to alot of Eric Johnson's Bloom (very jazzy and challenging).
Sevendust, Candiria and JP's Suspended Animation for a little heavier stuff and other stuff like some blues - SRV, ZZ Top, Los Lonely Boys, etc.

CL7

Gangsta Guitarist
Reaction score
I've been jammin to:

Chimaira - Pass Out of Existence
Fear Factory - Digimortal
Six Feet Under - Bringer of Blood

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
DTUNED7 said:
Trying to find some bands tab books that play seven exclusively like Korn, any suggestions?

Nevermore, About 40% of Morbid Angel's songs are 7 string. I'm pretty sure that Aborted does too.
You wont find any tab books for that, but the tabs are easy enough to find on the net..
Edit:I Also think its fun to play along with a lot bands that just tune to B on a 6. Cryptopsy for one, Fucking rules. Kinda gets confusing with the solos due to the tuning being slightly different (BEADF#B as opposed to BEADGBe). Aside from that, its awesome. Phobophile has a sickass riff. \m/

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
Currently learning and replaying:

Stabwound and Mutilate the Stillborn - Necrophagist
All Bodies - Between The Buried and Me
Orestes - A Perfect Circle
Beneath - Meshuggah
Ghost of Perdition - Opeth
Contusion - Stevie Wonder
Steve Vai - K'm-Pee-Du-Wee

Currently recording a take of Deliverance by Opeth as well for a bit of time consuming shits and giggles.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hatebreeder said:
About 40% of Morbid Angel's songs are 7-string
You know, it's weird, out of all Morbid Angel songs, I enjoy playing Rapture the most and it a 6-string song.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Shawn said:
You know, it's weird, out of all Morbid Angel songs, I enjoy playing Rapture the most and it a 6-string song.

My favorites to play along with are World Of Shit (7 String), God Of Emptiness (Also 7), Dominate & Where the SLime Live (7s) and Angel of Disease & Maze Of Torment (6'ers). hehe.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
My favorites to play along with are World Of Shit (7 String), God Of Emptiness (Also 7), Dominate & Where the SLime Live (7s) and Angel of Disease & Maze Of Torment (6'ers). hehe.
Yeah, Angel Of Disease has some pretty cool riffs. As Far as 7-string songs, God Of Emptiness and Where The Slime Live are good ones to play. I used to play along with Domination all the time back when it came out but I played a 6er tuned down..lol. I noticed since Domination is the first track that I was tuned a half step higher, I think Trey plays in Bb.

Domination = :yesway:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, his tunings are:
6 string: Standard,Down .5 Step
7 String: Standard, Down .5 step
:D

Also, BTW, you should check out the band Zyklon.. they got an insane cover of Dominate.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Yeah, his tunings are:
6 string: Standard,Down .5 Step
7 String: Standard, Down .5 step
:D

Also, BTW, you should check out the band Zyklon.. they got an insane cover of Dominate.
I did a search on them and could not get a copy of that song.....still searching - I gotta hear it.

This is their homepage I think: www.zyklontribe.com

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
That be them. Its not an album song, its from a tribute disc. You should be able to find it on any file sharing software. if not, i can hook you up

Digital Black

Reaction score
Any old Carcass.
Dream theater always.
TSO for the holidays.
I've also been plinking around with some stuff from Mile Davis.
also some old Vai off P+W just for kicks..

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
That be them. Its not an album song, its from a tribute disc. You should be able to find it on any file sharing software. if not, i can hook you up
I found the disc. I could not open the sample here- http://chimp3.com/index.php?group_id=6725&album_id=2

If it's not too much trouble, you could send me a copy of your sample, hell, I'll just go buy the disc tomorrow...lol. I see alot of bands that I've heard of but never actually heard them. I'd like to check out Throneaeon's The Lion's Den and Excommunion's God Of Emptiness.

')