What bands music are you jamming to?

• Thread starter DTUNED7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Drew said:
Lately I've been playing along to Tool's "AEnima"
My band covered "Stinkfist" and I had to literally listen to that song like a hundred times not to learn it but to prove a point to my bass player what the bass was doing during the pause where it's just guitar and bass before Maynard comes in with "Lie, Cheat,....". Great album. I'd love to cover the whole album just for kicks. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ty2k

guitar junkie
Reaction score
Right now i`m split between three song`s;
the dance of eternity-I had to take a break,the part the alternate`s between 5/4 and 6/4 was giving me a headache.If anyone play`s that song and has a tip or suggestion that would be very cool.

hanger 18-What a fun song to play!and Marty`s solo`s rule`s

Got the set list for my band`s new year`s gig and crazy train is on the list :hbang: so i got sharpen up the solo for the gig :shred:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
ty2k said:
hanger 18-What a fun song to play!and Marty`s solo`s rule`s
:agreed: I love his solos in that tune. You know, pretty much everything Marty Friedman ever did was awesome. He is one of my favorite players. :yesway:

ty2k

guitar junkie
Reaction score
Shawn said:
:agreed: I love his solos in that tune. You know, pretty much everything Marty Friedman ever did was awesome. He is one of my favorite players. :yesway:

I hear that brother! That guy could not hit a bad note if he tried. :bowdown:

Reaction score
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavour (Loomis is a beast.) :scream:
At the Gates - Everything
Children of Bodom - Everytime I Die
Dream Theater - Beyond This Life
Meshuggah - New Millenium Cyanide Christ

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Last night, I spent some time re-learning the solo to "The River Dragon Has Come" by Nevermore. Man, that shit is fun!

Tonight, it's all about End Theory (my band).

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shawn said:
My band covered "Stinkfist" and I had to literally listen to that song like a hundred times not to learn it but to prove a point to my bass player what the bass was doing during the pause where it's just guitar and bass before Maynard comes in with "Lie, Cheat,....". Great album. I'd love to cover the whole album just for kicks. :D

Dude, that's "Intolerance" off Undertow. :lol:

But yeah, Tool's one of the few bands where I could cover their stuff all night without minding it. Great music.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Dude, that's "Intolerance" off Undertow.

I think I know what he was talking about. When Maynard sings, "I'll keep digging," it sounds like "lie, cheat, steal". I made that mistake at first myself.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
just started learning Trilogy Suite Op.5 from yngwie. the tab is fucking atrocious. the fingerings are so god damn random. i'm like, editing the tab as i go to make it more playable...

Sleeper

Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
just started learning Trilogy Suite Op.5 from yngwie. the tab is fucking atrocious. the fingerings are so god damn random. i'm like, editing the tab as i go to make it more playable...

Which tab are you using? I've got the book and 2 Powertabs, one of which is superb. I sure as fuck can't play it though :wallbash: Gimme a couple of years and I might be up to the job ;)

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Its one of the ones from Powertabs. i theink its the one from the book (which i also have). I noticed watching a video, while the notes sound on, the fingerings are f'ed up. For example, in the arpeggio part, he doesnt do them on 3 strings, but on 2 (and its much easier to do it that way). I can show you the tab as i've messed with it so far.

Sleeper

Reaction score
Yep, sounds like you have the not-so-good Powertab. If you like I can e-mail you the other one, it's got the easier fingering plus keyboard solos.

Krypteia713

Reaction score
For me im learning a bunch of songs from Nevermore,Arch enemy, Nile, Death and Opeth.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Awakened Sleeper said:
Yep, sounds like you have the not-so-good Powertab. If you like I can e-mail you the other one, it's got the easier fingering plus keyboard solos.

I kinda like having my own fingerings. it makes things a lot easier. So i think i'll keep working through this one. i THINK most of the ones im modifying are similar to the 'good version'... I'm not too interested in learning the keyboard solos cause...well, Yngwie doesnt play them either ;p

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Shawn said:

I would love to cover that album too. I was in a band where we sometimes covered "Hooker With A Penis" (my favorite Tool song) and "Sober" (which is the song the crowd wants to hear).

I'd love to cover the entire Aenema album too...

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Naren said:
"Sober" (which is the song the crowd wants to hear).
:agreed: I noticed that too around here where I am anyway. We played Sober once and everybody went crazy, we also played Prison Sex too - great tune.

I've had numerous people coming up to me asking me if I know any Disturbed. Happens every single show we play..lol. Im not much of a Disturbed fan but finally, I decided to learn Prayer by them and surprisingly, it's not a bad song to play.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Recently been learning Tocata In Fugue by Bach. A great song. Also been into alot of Marty Friedman and Vai's new stuff.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Toccata & Fugue? Which one? Theres actually a few. One of them is like 15 minutes long lol/

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
Toccata & Fugue? Which one? Theres actually a few. One of them is like 15 minutes long lol/

I think he's referring the most famous one...
Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor."

')