What bands music are you jamming to?

• Thread starter DTUNED7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, I'm just joining in, but ACID BATH has a site now with tabs so I was playin their stuff until I started performing surgeory on my IBZ. Anyone else shred on Acid Bath? Poison the Well? Deftones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Acid Bath is \m/. Dont know any of their songs on guitar though.

BTW, Is that Bea Flora in your icon?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been jamming along to Tony MacAlpine's Chromaticity. Awesome cd, the guy can play some serious guitar with perfect phrasing, slick sweeps and shredding solos and I love his keyboard work as well. This album is inspiring. :yesway:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
To dig up an uber-old thread, I've been learning some tracks from The Devin Townsend Band's "Synchestra" and loving the sound of that low-G. Even though my Blaze loaded 25.5"-scale Schecter can handle it without mud, I wish I had one of those SC-607Bs.

Lately, my wish list has been:
ESP/LTD SC-607B
Ibanez RG1077XL
Ibanez RG7421XL
Schecter Hellraiser
Schecter Blackjack 007
Schecter 007 Elite
Ibanez 2127X-TKF
EBMM JP7

And something in a G&L H-S-S config that I can put piezos into and use as my main/only 6-string.

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been jammin with random Dream Theater stuff. I picked up the SFAM book recently, so I've been workin on some stuff off that.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like to warm up my wrists by playing along to old Fear Factory stuff. Playing along with their better material perfectly tight can really be a good way to warm up the wrists for speed playing.

Besides that, I've been jamming lately to Cannibal Corpse's "Gallery of Suicide", Nile's "In Their Darkened Shrines", Nevermore's "This Godless Endeavor", Arch Enemy's "Wages of Sin"/"Doomsday Machine", and various other stuff.

In general though I focus my time on song-writing and playing my bands own material, but it's always fun to warm up playing some other cool stuff. I don't really enjoy playing along to guitar hero stuff anymore, I used to very much like jamming to Vai's "Passion and Warfare" and anything related to Randy Rhoads though.

koma

Reaction score
I've been jamming with good old Guns'n'roses these last days! I know not enough strings here, but Slash's solos are so cool. Especialls Sweet Child Of Mine:cool:

maskofduality

Brandeis Sophomore
Reaction score
i've been trying to tab out the keyboard parts for DT's "The Mirror" on guitar. yea i know that's definitely not 7string guitar stuff but i spent much of my earlier childhood as a pianist lol what else can i say

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been jamming to some Sevendust and Jeff Buckley stuff too. Considering doing a heavy, 7-string version of either Jeff Buckley's "Dream Brother" or something by the Doors ("You're Lost Little Girl" or "The End" are top of my list at the moment).

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I dont know how to play any bands songs. I only play my own stuff.. never figured out other people songs kinda weird i suppose..

Tubbs Mcgee

Wobbled away
Reaction score
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Morbid Angel
Opeth
Ayreon
Edge Of Sanity

These are pretty much the bands for me right now. There will be more though.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Led Zeppelin's ~ Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
And some parts of Black dog and Heartbreaker
Along with random parts of Metallica's "Ride the lightnening".

omentremor

this godles endeavor
Reaction score
Unearth - Oncoming Storm
Fear Factory - Demanufacture
Fear Factory - Digital Connectivity
Trivium - Ascendancy
Nevermore - River Dragon

Unearth - Oncoming Storm
Fear Factory - Demanufacture
Fear Factory - Digimortal
Trivium - Ascendancy
Nevermore - River Dragon

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
Children Of Bodom - It helps develop technique and speed :D
In Flames - Great fun to play, and awesome melodies.
Opeth - Very very fun to play. It is also great because it is different from everything else.

koma

Reaction score
I agree Tehk, In Flames songs are really cool to play. They're not to difficult and they rock. I've never tried Opeth though.
Chimaira is fun to play too, but my favourite is The Haunted. Once you nail their riffs you feel like a thrash monster :lol:

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
i been jamming to all of mechanical animals by marilyn manson! fuck that cd is so phat! its near perfect! lol. also jamming to slipknot: iowa, Korn and some old school silverchair :idea:

')