What bands music are you jamming to?

• Thread starter DTUNED7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Shawn said:
I found the disc. I could not open the sample here- http://chimp3.com/index.php?group_id=6725&album_id=2

If it's not too much trouble, you could send me a copy of your sample, hell, I'll just go buy the disc tomorrow...lol. I see alot of bands that I've heard of but never actually heard them. I'd like to check out Throneaeon's The Lion's Den and Excommunion's God Of Emptiness.

I'll hook you up. its actually a solid tribute CD. i like SoulReaper's Fall From Grace A LOT. In Aeternum's Maze Of Tormet is great. Behemoth's Day of Suffering is good, Krisiun rules. I like Excommunion's God Of Emptiness, but its a bit slower than the original and they use DM vox through the whole thing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
I'll hook you up. its actually a solid tribute CD. i like SoulReaper's Fall From Grace A LOT. In Aeternum's Maze Of Tormet is great. Behemoth's Day of Suffering is good, Krisiun rules. I like Excommunion's God Of Emptiness, but its a bit slower than the original and they use DM vox through the whole thing.
Awesome, thanks, Ken. I just read somewhere while on the search that Zyklon's Dominate is "not bad..." -Im guessing this person who wrote this is a major critic, that and I take your word for it that it's better than "not bad".

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Dream Theater
Dream Theater
and some John Petrucci too (seriously, Dream Theater are so good I almost cried the first time I saw them live)

Here's what I've been playing:

Dream Theater:
As I Am
Stream of Consciousness
Ytse Jam
And now I'm learning This Dying Soul (which is a 7-string song ;) )

I started learning Jaws of Life by John Petrucci and then I realized the backing track I had for it was absolute crap. BTW if anyone has a good one and can hook me up, give me a call...

70% of all the stuff I play is doing improv solos over random bts posted on the internet, though.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Shawn said:
Awesome, thanks, Ken. I just read somewhere while on the search that Zyklon's Dominate is "not bad..." -Im guessing this person who wrote this is a major critic, that and I take your word for it that it's better than "not bad".

No prob. I Actually think Zyklon's cover is my favorite on that album.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ken, got your PM and I just checked it out, awesome, this band is pretty damn good. Im going music shopping tomorrow and Im definately going to pick this tribute CD up. Thanks again. :hbang:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Newest CDs I'm going to be listening to alot:
Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
Exodus - Shovel Headed Killing Machine
Children of Bodom - Trashed, Lost & Strungout

Stuff I've been listening to over and over:
Trivium - Ascendancy
Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?
Hellfueled - Volume 1
Brian Setzer - both of his Xmas CDs
Gary Hoey - Best of Xmas CDs

New stuff I need to put back into rotation:
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds cool. If you can, check out their second album Aeon, i really like it.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Edit:I Also think its fun to play along with a lot bands that just tune to B on a 6. Cryptopsy for one, Fucking rules. Kinda gets confusing with the solos due to the tuning being slightly different (BEADF#B as opposed to BEADGBe). Aside from that, its awesome. Phobophile has a sickass riff. \m/

I also like to play a lot of stuff by bands that play in drop-B or BEADF#B. What I do though for the solos is just shift the solo to start on the 12th fret of my high B instead of the 12th fret of a downtuned sixers high-E (tuned to B). Etc.

I did get confused when I figured out a song in drop Db (DbEbDbGbBbEb) and got to the solo. All the rhythm parts were easy. I played them all on the low B and low E strings, but then I get to the solo and I'm like "uh... wait a second..."

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Me and my friend decided to Cover Pink Floyd-The Wall. He chose the first disk so im doing the second. We are doing the guitar parts over backing tracks, and he is going to sing over all the tracks. Should be fun.

dav2321

Reaction score
Chris Poland
Ohm
Greg Howe
currently- The White Stripes

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Testament - Low --- I love jamming to 90% of that album.
Steve Vai - Answers
Dream Theater - Erotomania
Meshuggah - The entire Nothing album
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality and This Godless Endeavor --- I love singing to that shit in the car and watching people's faces as they see my uber-metal vocalist grimaces. I get laughed at a lot thanks to Warrel Dane! :scream:
And, last but not least, the cliché, my own shit. I always seem to play my own stuff so much better than I do everyone else's (D'UH!!!).

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Absolute Purity by Alas (anyone remember that album? Eric Rutan in prog-metal mode) and Sacred Groove by George Lynch. Just got a CD trainer for Xmas, so playing along with a lot of stuff from CDs at the mo'! :cool:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
four_hz_at_140_db said:
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality and This Godless Endeavor --- I love singing to that shit in the car and watching people's faces as they see my uber-metal vocalist grimaces. I get laughed at a lot thanks to Warrel Dane! :scream:

hahahaha i do the same shit to both those albums hahaha

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Scott said:
Me and my friend decided to Cover Pink Floyd-The Wall. He chose the first disk so im doing the second. We are doing the guitar parts over backing tracks, and he is going to sing over all the tracks. Should be fun.
Sweet. Me and my old Dio tribute band were going to switch over to doing a "Wall" tribute but then I moved out to Washington. :(

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
garcia3441 said:
Puya

King's X

:yesway: I love King's X

Anyway I jam to

Malmsteen - Rising Force
Megadeth -Rust in peace/Peace sells
A lot of Fates Warning/Evergray/Queensryche/Opeth/Tristania

Jesse

iJesse
Contributor
Reaction score
STEVE VAI!! Dream THeater, Liquid Tension Experiment King Crimson ( try anyways, lol ) and Circus fucking Maximus

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Lately I've been playing along to Tool's "AEnima" a lot - some really fun riffs on that one, and when you get bored it's cool to solo over, too. Also, Buckethead's "Colma" just kills for jamming out to, as does Chroma Key's "Dead Air For Radios."

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
dav2321 said:
Greg Howe is awesome. I love his playing and phrasing, I played along with his stuff before - alot of fun. He's all over the place. :yesway:

')