What compliments a Ducan distorion 7??

• Thread starter Vellshank
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vellshank

Reaction score
So I'm about to order a ducan distortion for my 7 string. But I dont want one in the neck. Any suggestions is to what will compliment the sound of the distortion 7???? Looking for a warm smooth lead tone but also cuts through the mix and sparkles (if that helps) Mostly play melodic deathmetal with a classical shred influence. Nevermore meets dethklok with the thrash of cannibal corpse and the epicness of behemoth.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
i wouldn't very much recommend the '59, it's an amazing neck pickup in all rights but it might sound too vintage for you, and i find that it's more suited for more doom-styled metal when used in a high gain setting.

EDIT: i said this considering you would want to downtune or focus on lower-register riffing. it has a thick, saturated, percussive rhythm sound, but in leads, it's great for classical shreds, it's liquidy and has that nice neck-pickup smoothness character to it.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I run a Liquifire 7 with my Distortion 7 in my mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard LTD V. They work together perfectly. :yesway:

Mike

Reaction score
I really like the Sentient paired with my Distortion.

Zhysick

Reaction score
For a bit more modern stuff the Sentient... for a bit more classic sound (not vintage) the Jazz pickup...

Pretty balanced with a bright Distortion on the bridge.

I would say the Sentient is a little bit brighter than the Jazz but the modern vibe it has make it a little bit more "fluid"... if that makes any sense.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I used to have a Distortion paired with a '59 in my 7620 and they worked well together. The '59 is better for cleans or mild overdrive than it is leads/soloing IMO, but it isn't bad for those by any means.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I have an N7 and the distortion and 59' work great together, But if you want a more modern neck tone the Sentient will do it.

Latest posts

')