what did you study?

• Thread starter Leon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
BCrowell said:
As for your idea, it's a good one, and actually Gibson is working on something similar. Inside the guitar they actually digitize all the signals(24bit 96kHz), and then via a network cable, send it down stream to an amp that breaks out the individual data(signals) before going into the preamp. What is awesome is EACH STRING has it's own converter and signal path, which can give you HUGE versatility in sound. Imagine taking the B & E strings from the neck PU, the mid strings from another, and the high strings from the bridge...WOW! Quite inventive. I'd kill to be working with them on that... (what Line6 is doing is totally different, using modeling algorithms in the guitar, modifying the signals, and IMHO SUCKS!)
Hmm...I like the versatility of the Gibson idea, but hate the idea of adding yet another d/a conversion step to the signal path. I'm already using a digital amp, digital effects, digital recording, digital plugins, digital mixing/mastering, digital encoding...

I dunno. If it wasn't for the versatility I'd go all analogue :lol: I love Line6 amps and Pro Tools and everything you can do with them, but the guitar itself is sacred for some reason :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts

')