What Dimarzio pickups match well?

BDW2703

Reaction score
Im going to install Dimarzios im my Schecter and Im thinking about a Liquifire in the neck, what bridge pup will go well with the Liquifire? The Crunchlab would be tye obvious answer ofcourse but I also saw that people like the Blaze neck in the bridge position. Will that go well? Please go ahead and suggest some bridge pups to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
What kind of tone are you after? The Liquifire is one of a suite of Dimarzios that are loosely based on the Air Norton, so you have a bunch of options - the Tone Zone is good for a thick, middy tone, the Crunchlab/Drop Sonic for a brighter, more percussive tone, and I happen to think the Blaze Bridge works with pretty much anything, in basswood it's a great all-around bridge pickup.

BDW2703

Reaction score
What kind of tone are you after? The Liquifire is one of a suite of Dimarzios that are loosely based on the Air Norton, so you have a bunch of options - the Tone Zone is good for a thick, middy tone, the Crunchlab/Drop Sonic for a brighter, more percussive tone, and I happen to think the Blaze Bridge works with pretty much anything, in basswood it's a great all-around bridge pickup.

Im after a tight rythm tone in the lower register, something like the Dream Theater 7 string songs like the mirror of the dark eternal night especially have tones that I like. Im after a singing lead tone in the neck. My guitar is made out of ash (schecter jl7)

')