What do you guys think about beatboxing?

• Thread starter TreWatson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
case in point:

i love good beatboxers. these guys know great grooves and can make a drum kit out of their MOUTHS crazy.

another one who is one of my favorite and sometimes mixes it with acoustic bits as well:

both clips are entries for an old beatbox battle, but i found it really awesome back then, and still do now.

discussion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
when done properly its very impressive its just a shame so many people think they can do it and fail so badly :lol:

check out beardyman he is the beatbox don

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score
when done properly its very impressive its just a shame so many people think they can do it and fail so badly :lol:

check out beardyman he is the beatbox don

I am :lol: But, in all seriousness, I heard about that guy Beardyman who beatboxs, and supposedly he is redonkulous. I think beatboxing is awesome when done proper. Those two videos were some very good examples :yesway:

Deadseen

Reaction score
Isn't it like everything else in music, there is a small amount of people who can do it properly and then a huge amount of people who tries, fails badly and ends up giving the whole genre a bad name.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Beardyman and Dub FX are awesome, check out Beardyman's audition video from a talent show where he does Beardy Radio.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Kenny Muhammad!!!

Most realistic human drumkit ever imho

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
beardyman and Dubfx arei ndeed awesome, but I'm more into completely unaided stuff. layers are nice, but it's always been cooler to me to get multiple sounds going, like kenny muhammad, who i have never heard of, but am now in love with

rockdisciple

Pad Thai Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I love terrible beatboxing, but only for short periods of time. It's a performance art where immense failure can lead to great amusement. Good boxers are a blast to watch too, though.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Good beatboxing is a very cool thing to hear and watch :yesway:

I would love to jam with a beatboxer!

MJS

Reaction score
Not really into beatboxing, but I like Greg Pattillo:

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Joel Turner. A multi-instrumentalist ( Beatbox, Guitar, Bass), songwriter, singer and producer from australia. Was the world beatboxing champion from 2005 till 2009.

those clips are pretty old (2003 or something). it's hard to find some new ones with good quality :(

handmetheaxe

Guitarded
Reaction score
For some terrible but hilarious beatboxing from the guy who brought you 'how to sing 5 octaves':

And for some awesome beatboxing from Felix Zenger in Iiro Rantala New Trio (posted a thread about these guys a while ago):

Latest posts

')