What do you hope to achieve in 2011?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I would love... I mean LOVE to find some gainful long-term employment in 2011, since I've been out of work since September 2008. That's all.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
-Get a job
-Get good grades in first year of uni
-Order my custom 9 string
-Record an EP
-Don't suck at guitar

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I should also add getting a license to drive on my list as well. Though I doubt it will happen because nobody I know really seems to wanna bother with teaching me to drive. You have no idea how embarrassing it is being 25 and not even having a license, let alone a car. :(

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
General:
School
Girls
Workout possibly
Getting better at cooking

Music:
Grabbing a POD/other recording equipment
Recording my EP (Death/prog)
Writing vocals

Oh, and getting drunk as fuck to both Copenhell AND Roskilde '11!:hbang::hbang::hbang:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Considering, 2010 has been one of the greatest years of my life:

- Went to Japan (again) and got a sweet 7 cheap (again)
- My band 4arm released a second album, filmed a music clip, we toured Australia and we opened for Testament. :bowdown:
- I scored an Ibanez endorsement.
- Been gigging practically every week with 2 bands and loving it.
- Finally got the bare bones of my 3rd band (ChronoBreak) rolling with a bunch of acoustic shows.
- Saw a whole heap of sweet bands (Faith No More, Jane's Addiction, Meshuggah, Metallica, Fear Factory, Isis, Baroness, Anvil)
- Stayed rather relatively healthy despite lack of sleep and ridiculous caffeine addiction

My goals in 2011

- Pay off my debts
- Finish off completing my damn rig.
- Get 4arm to a higher level so we can tour outside Australia and I can bump up my Ibanez contract. (Yes, I shamelessly stole from Devin for the exact same reasons :lol:) Also record and finish our third album.
- Get Vitruvian Man to record an album (already in the works) and get more regular gigs.
- Finally get a Vocalist, Bassist and Keyboardist to solidify my lineup for ChronoBreak. Then record songs and gig. Then write more songs.
- Finish off my supposed solo album (now 6 years pending), or at least get some recordings of some songs just to show progress.... :wallbash:. Then write more songs.
- Get back on a normal sleeping pattern, lose another 5 kgs, and at least decrease my caffeine intake, if not kick the addiction completely.
- Get this supposed 4th band up and running. 2010 has been directionless with productivity rate of zero.

Glad to hear someone had a good year. 2010 had to be one of my worst years yet... :lol:

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
I'd say my main priority is to start gigging again in a band that I'm proud to be a part of. Its been a few years since I quit my last actively gigging band and I let my job take over my life a little too much. The last few months though I've been trying to balance work and music and have been jamming with a couple of really promising groups. I'm hoping at least one of them is gig ready within a few months.

Also, stop buying so much gear. I went on a bit of a spending spree this summer/fall when I started jamming with people again, but I have a rig that sounds great and more guitars than I could ever need now. Gotta focus on making that work and stop lusting after all the awesome stuff I see you guys posting. Maybe even unload some of the pieces that I don't play very often.

Oh, and to the guy who said "move to Seattle": :hbang:

Encephalon5

Six String Bass Fish
Reaction score
Get a Job
Turn 18
Have at least one of three projects come to fruition (I'm working on starting a Tech Death project, A solo Project, and a Prog Metal project.)
Get some Ink
Obtain a new rig (Legally. Anyone wanna give me a six string bass or a cab?)
Meet new people
Have fun
Graduate
Hangs out with the ladies
Get really really fucking good at bass. I'm nowhere near being happy with my playing.
Smoke a little less. Or more. I dunno. I'm really not ready to quit.
See a bunch of bands play
Figure out what I'm going to go to college for
Not get banned from ss.org
Not kill anyone
Hang out with old friends.

And have a great fucking time man. '10 wasn't the best of years though better than previous years. '11 really needs to kick as much ass as possible.

death of k

Maestro of Milltown
Reaction score
-Get my guitar rig up and running

-Get a recording Rig to kick out my first solo ep

-Start playing shows... finally

-Move out by fall of 2011 (I think age 20 is a good age to move out)

-Get and Electronic Drum kit (shit's EXPENSIVEE)

-A NGD or two (first 8s, and 6s shred guitar, have my eye on an Agile Sceptor & Micheal Kelly, respectively)

AWE yeah... 2011, bring it:agreed:

projectjetfire

Guitar Addict
Reaction score
In 2011, its all about music study.

• I want to get my Grade 6 in practicials, get my grade 4 in theory more than anything else so Im studying that shit 100% as much as I can.

• Buy an Ibanez FP or J Custom. Failing finding a decent one of them, get an RGA321 to match my RGA121.

• Hope and pray Ibanez release a Prestige RGA7 with fixed bridge and buy that too, so I can sell my RG1527.

• Get a metal band on the go and play some god damn gigs.

In other areas its to be:

• Get a full filling interesting job that I enjoy, hopefully related to music.

• Sell my house

• Renew my passport and take a holiday somewhere awesome.

Tbh, no one gives a shit who I am anyway, but now Ive written them down, I can always come back to them and go "Oh yeah, I didnt do any of that shit.." lol

Bevo

Reaction score
Signed up for Cross Country motorcycle racing in my province and want to get in awsome shape and do well.

Tour some US Citys as part of my job, free travel and fun times.

Put a deposit down on a house, prefferaby with a workshop in the back!

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
Jerk off more? I dunno, Im moving to Africa so who knows what will happen. Maybe swear off women for the year.

Meinrad

Fear the Engineer
Reaction score
My 2011 goals are...

To be granted the patent that I'm mailing the application for at the end of the month.

To make enough money somehow to fund the remainder of my research and work toward building an intricate system of electromagnetic generators and a computer precise enough to regulate electromagnetic energy at such a detailed level that changes the direction of individual electrons orbiting the nuclei of atoms.

To gain enough self control to completely forget about my corporate rival from five years ago... he and I had the whole Edison-Tesla rivalry going for awhile, but in the nanotechnology industry, not electrical. He took credit for one of my nanotech designs (which was intended to disintegrate and retract tumors, so he thought he could make a huge profit with it) and later I found out that he was taking credit for the work of a lot of other independent inventors as well. He already got credit for my work though, and we've been out of contact for years, so I'm working toward forgetting about the incident completely and working on more important things.

And as always, to build a better future...

')