What do you think about HATE ETERNAL?

• Thread starter Brett89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think about HATE ETERNAL?

• I like it!

Votes: 56 72.7%
  • It's crappy...

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Not bad but not my style.

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • What the hell is that?

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
ALAS has some of thee...most technical riff's hidden behind a annoying female vocalist (from Therion) . The CD gets a total thumbs up for Music and a Thumbs down for excessive female frontage!..But Erik will never do another ALAS....that in itself is sad....but on the other hand..if H.E. added a little female frontage just to add flavor to a H.E. song i would be happy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Said annoying vocalist would be Martina Astner, and yes, she was a weak link in an otherwise great band. Actually, given that we've been talking about Evanesence in a different, thread, imagine Amy Lee fronting Alas...:drool:

DaveZ

Reaction score
Don't forget about Ripping Corpse, he was a member of that band as well back in the days................

savabich2

Reaction score
Jerich said:
ALAS has some of thee...most technical riff's hidden behind a annoying female vocalist (from Therion) . The CD gets a total thumbs up for Music and a Thumbs down for excessive female frontage!..But Erik will never do another ALAS....that in itself is sad....but on the other hand..if H.E. added a little female frontage just to add flavor to a H.E. song i would be happy...

Whoah, back off on the girl bashing, lol.

I liked her, is that the big blond?

hate Eternal is amazing, Eric is ferocious and their drummer kills me.

Loserchief

Rokuban Taicho
Reaction score
I like Hate Eternal a lot and they are fun to see live. I had a little chat with Erik and Jarred after the show,and both of them are very cool to talk to, and gearheads in some way.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed, i met erik at the Hate Eternal show and it was funny, off stage he sounds like the nicest calmest dude he's all like

"So do you like the album? Whats your opinions on it?",

then on stage

"BLLLAARGH! COME ON MOTHERFUCKERS!"

ScareRaven

The Golden Raven
Reaction score
I love their work. I just started listening to their I, Monarch material a few days ago. I've been a fan of Necrophagist, Cryptopsy, and Origin for about two years now and it was nice to hear this Tampa band. I never get tired of technical progressive death metal/grind. :hbang:

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
I never bash Girls...I slamm them:lol: :lol:
But seriously I love the ALAS Cd i was just stating that I felt Martina was not the right choice for the band and Yes Doug did indeed play a few solos on ALAS. It is a shame it did not work out for a full band, in another thaught..Brian Griffin from Broken Hope fame had a band called Em Sinphonia that put out two cd's that KICKED ASS! It was an all star line up.:bowdown:

Soma

I...Like...Juice!
Reaction score
I keep reading that Erik wants to do another Alas album, I guess he is just taking his time?

I, Monarch was an album that had a wider variety of songs, so it was a bit easier to get into, also the riffing on it is a lot simpler. When you compare any Hate Eternal album to King of All Kings the riffing is not as technical lol It seems to be the less liked album, but it's understandable because it's the most technical of them all and the most brutal. It's so fast that people keep saying all the songs sound the same.

Conquering the Throne is good too. I t has some very good awesome songs, but it's not as brutal as the other ones, and there tends to be a lot of repetition of some riffs, at least the idea of them keeps being repeated.

Anyway I love that band and Erik \m/

"In my comunion I reign supreme, I am the king of all the kings, I am religion, I am dominion, I am the king of all kings, wreaaaah. *insert mid paced extreme metal riff*" that gets me ready to tackle on ANY day! \m/

ajdath

Banned
Reaction score
thet are very good death metal act but sometimes the songs have no new ideas and some songs are just BOOOOM very nice explosion of riffs and power. i liked the first album because guitars were dominating over drums , i hate triggered drums sound.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Roddy doesn't trigger anything except his kicks with Hate Eternal, other than that he never uses any (with any project I know of). I wonder who HE will get now that Roddy is out of death metal.

ajdath

Banned
Reaction score
JJ Rodriguez said:
Roddy doesn't trigger anything except his kicks with Hate Eternal, other than that he never uses any (with any project I know of). I wonder who HE will get now that Roddy is out of death metal.
so whats the big deall if only kicks or not !! any way double kicks are the most important in blasting death metal so the major beats in thier music is triggered , its soo damn plastic , un reall un naturall it had its mood but now it too cheesy for my ears instead of using disco kick drums drummers could get more creative and do something more realistic with thier equipments like pantera,s it has this cut-thru sound but not triggered custom made drum kicks this is smart sound and smart idea :agreed:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, you do know that most likely %80 of the death metal you listen to has triggered kicks, if not everything else as well right? And I don't think the triggers for Roddy's kicks sound plastic or bad at all. They're just used in the studio to get the kicks to cut through the mix more. And comparing the drums in Pantera to HE is just silly, it's apples and oranges. What's with people comparing extreme metal to very different music lately? If you're so against triggered kicks, maybe we should take effects away from guitar players because it sounds too fake. Better yet, take away the amp, make them play acoustics.

slayercannibalsuffohead

Reaction score
Ha Ha! What says thee now motherfuckers! 5 years on and they are the most brutalist band going around. Rutan is a beast and also one organized son of a bitch. This man does not fuck around!

Lankles

Fuelled by Chicken alone.
Reaction score
I love Hate Eternal, but Rutan's most impressive achievement is without doubt having the largest fucking forehead in death metal history.

file.php

Defsan

Reaction score
They're definitely on the more chaotic side of Death Metal. I'm a big fan of them.

')