What do you think about the show house

• Thread starter Wolfpack76
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
House MD is a great show. And it's 'diagnoses' are very accurate with respect to RL. I'm currently going to school to work in a hospital lab running tests, and the tests they ask for are all things I've learned about / do. So that intrigues me even more into the story.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
d7a1a9ab7fd17ca91d27a66fc547bb30.gif

WillingWell

Reaction score
You know, when compared to other TV shows involving medicine (namely Scrubs), House really isn't that accurate. They run inordinate amounts of tests, for some reason House answers everything to the chief of medicine who apparently controls every single decision House makes and the illnesses that come up on the show are so obscure.

Props to you guys if it entertains you, I just can't stand watching stuff like that.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
House fucking rules. Yeah, his team is doing everybody else's job, the routinely run extraneous (and incredibly expensive) tests, and apparently they've never heard of a radiologist, but House is still the fucking man.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Bah, who cares about the accuracy, or "omg that disease is so obscure I doubt it exists" type of stuff.

It's entertainment :D and most people wouldn't really know the correct medical stuff anyways...plus Hugh Laurie is the fucking man!

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
You know, when compared to other TV shows involving medicine (namely Scrubs), House really isn't that accurate. They run inordinate amounts of tests, for some reason House answers everything to the chief of medicine who apparently controls every single decision House makes and the illnesses that come up on the show are so obscure.

Props to you guys if it entertains you, I just can't stand watching stuff like that.

You know, I like the show, and love his character... but yeah, they biopsy fucking everything! "Does this coffee taste funny?", "Yes, we better biopsy it!!!" :rofl:

My biggest gripe with House was that besides House and his doctor buddy that moved in with him (can't remember the character's name right now), the ancillary characters (token black guy, bitchy boss, tool with an accent, forgettable middle aged women) annoyed the fuck out of me. :mad: Just pointless characters. :noway: They actually fixed that of late by doing the whole 'game to find new assistants' thing, putting a few halfway interesting people in there.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
House does indeed rule, we used to call it the seizure show, it was the running joke whenever it came on, "she's going to have a seizure!" :lol:

Holy Katana

Wait, what?
Reaction score
House is my favorite TV show. It is a bit formulaic, to the point of it being an extremely easy target for parody (yet almost nobody does them), but it's extremely entertaining, especially House's abrasive comments to everyone.

neon_black88

Reaction score
Yeah I was gana say its not as trashy as some of the other shows out their, It can stand proud among titles like NCIS (*shudder*). But yeah, it is so increadibly formulaic, and some of the cases are so extreme that I laugh, like some guy bleeds from his eyes, then he jumps off a balcony, and his head explodes and then he pisses ice or something, then house will learn a valuble lesson from the comical scenes with one of his regular patients that doesn't mean anything exept to be a means to the solution to the main cases problem.

Man I wish arrested development was still on.

')