What do you think of the Bugera 6262

• Thread starter StatutoryApe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im considering getting one. This will be my first tube amp. Is it good for the money? Its gonna be used for Hardcore and occasionally used for Death Metal. My band has a few shows this summer so I need something nice. Im gonna boost it with a TS-9. Hopefully I can find a used 2x12 with V30's in it. Eventually Im gonna upgrade to a 6505.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's basically a carbon copy of the Peavey 6505+ which has become a staple of both the Hardcore and Death Metal generas, so tonally, I see it being a great choice.

Though, the first few runs of Bugeras had some reliability issues. While all these cases ended in either the amp getting fixed or replaced for free (from what I've read), and the later runs have been showing to be more reliable, it still is something to consider.

I'd suggest you look for a used Peavey 5150 or 5150 II as they show up on the used market for almost as little as the Bugeras go for new, and needless to say their reliability is not really an issue typically. For the record the 5150/II and 6505/+ ARE THE SAME AMP.

noob_pwn

Reaction score
drenzium on this forum swears by his bugera, his has been totally reliable and there is no doubt they sound great. In australia they still cost considerably less than a 5150 so there are quite a few in circulation. When they had first come out I saw a fair few crap out at shows and at the rehersal studio we practice at but nothing has come to my attention of late

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
Why not get the Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo? Same price.

Duke318

Reaction score
The Bugera's are poorly built and cut corners wherever they can. Having said that, they are extremely cheap.

snuif09

Reaction score
The Bugera's are poorly built and cut corners wherever they can. Having said that, they are extremely cheap.

i dont think you even tried one out :nuts:
all these opinions on the bugeras make me sick everyone just says "they are unreliable" when i know for sure half of you didnt even own one haha.

a friend of mine owns a 6262 and it is reliable infact the tolex lasts longer then my mesa boogie.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I actually managed to check out a Bugera (not plugged in so I can't comment tonally). I had heard that the knobs were thin, plasticy pieces of shit, and I was STILL not expecting them to be that bad on the one I checked out. It was a 333XL but I doubt the knobs on the 6260 or 6262 are any different.

In Europe, where Peavey (even used) are insanely expensive, they're a good deal, but here it just doesn't make sense when you can get the equivalent Peavey used for the same price.

The only time it would make sense to grab it here is if you needed to buy new so you could finance it, or you're a real stickler for having a warranty.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
i dont think you even tried one out :nuts:
all these opinions on the bugeras make me sick everyone just says "they are unreliable" when i know for sure half of you didnt even own one haha.

a friend of mine owns a 6262 and it is reliable infact the tolex lasts longer then my mesa boogie.

OWNED one, no, but i have friends you have owned, them, tried them and are dealers of them, and they have had to return a couple times, or had hem returned to them many times

and you can't really escape the fact that they are a Chinese company that cuts corners to keep the costs down

snuif09

Reaction score
OWNED one, no, but i have friends you have owned, them, tried them and are dealers of them, and they have had to return a couple times, or had hem returned to them many times

and you can't really escape the fact that they are a Chinese company that cuts corners to keep the costs down

haha the comment wasnt really aimed at you but sure they are cheaper but, calling them unreliable is something else i would call something unreliable if it doesnt last longer then 2 years.

and i have heard that the peavey's last MANY years but the bugera's dont suddenly die after 2 months except for the first run.

but on topic if you are in the USA get a 5150 they cost around 800euros used here in europe thats why we buy bugeras :)

Mop

Reaction score
Look up some pics of 5150 guts or other amps of proven quality and compare to bugera guts. You will soon see why everyone calls them unreliable, you get what you pay for there I'm afraid.

')