What do you think of this guitar tone?

• Thread starter ibz120
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibz120

Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/ibz120/guitar-tone-test[/SC]

I'm trying to get a powerful tone with the Axe FX by running two amps in parallel, and running that signal through two cabs in parallel.

This tone sounds good to me but I was curious what others think of it. Any comments at all, e.g. if it's too bassy etc. would be awesome! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jasonsansburn

Bleep Blerp Bleep
Reaction score
Sounds good. Would have a better idea if you double tracked as guitar tones tend to sound differently in a mix than alone in the center. But from what I heard, yeah you could definitely get a great sound with that. Just need the bass and the drums now.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
Could be a little more dynamic in the high mids and highs (I.E. a little too compressed to *sparkle* properly), and be a little more rounded in the lows while still being tight. That's just personal opinion though, these are really nitpicky criticisms, other than that it's great; let's hear it in a mix!

Reaction score
I think it sounds really neat! It'd be cool to hear it in a mix though, like others have pointed out. I like my tones on the gainy side too...

')