What do you tune your 7 to?

• Thread starter kherman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
Bb, F, Bb, Eb, F, Bb, Eb
Ab, F, Bb, Eb, F, Bb, Eb
F, F, Bb, Eb, F, Bb, Eb
Eb, Ab, F, Bb, Eb, F, Bb, Eb

:)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on the mood and the strings! :lol: Three main tunings I use:

B-E-A-D-G-B-E
A-E-A-D-G-B-E
Bb-Eb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb

:yesway:

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
drop a
G-D-A-D-G-B-e
F#-E-A-D-G-B-e (i just mess around with that sometimes.)

i wrote wha is in your sig lol:hbang:

what's this frequency business? this is the first i've heard of this... :scratch: (yea i know each pitch has a frequency and such, :lol: but i've never heard tunings described that way.)

when you use a tuner it is usually set to 440 mhz. also known as concert pitch.it is what 99.9% of guitars are tuned to. i tune to 435mhz. its lower but not quite a half step. keeps people guessing at what your tuned to lol. plus its that little extra somethin that others just dont sound like.

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
i use standard, drop A, drop A flat, and I've fucked around on drop G and G standard cause I wanted to play some cannibal corpse \mm/

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
i wrote wha is in your sig lol:hbang:

when you use a tuner it is usually set to 440 mhz. also known as concert pitch.it is what 99.9% of guitars are tuned to. i tune to 435mhz. its lower but not quite a half step. keeps people guessing at what your tuned to lol. plus its that little extra somethin that others just dont sound like.

nice. i had no idea. i've actually never used a tuner. i guess at what E is and tune from there unless there's a keyboard around. :lol:

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I've got another tuning that I'd like to try when my RG7 is complete:

B E A D F# B E

It's B standard (as on a 6-string) with a high E. I love the sound of low tuned guitars for clean chordal work, and this tuning would allow me to play chords much more easily.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
Drop Ab for now, I write stuff for my band mostly in Drop Bb
Tend to mess around with Bb, F, Bb, Eb, F, Bb, Eb as well thanks to FellSilent :metal:

would 10's work with this tuning well? not sure which ones im going to have to up-tune. don't want anything to snap or get too stretched out. low string would obviously just go down half a step, which is perfect for me.

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
Typically a half step down (Bb, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb), since it gives it a darker sound.

If I'm in a Fear Factory kind of mood, I'll tune to Drop Ab (Ab, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb).

If I'm playing with others, and they're tuned to standard pitch, I'll also tune to standard pitch.

')