What do you tune your 7 to?

• Thread starter kherman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I use Drop A :p
Its as low as i'll go for a drop tune. :p
But i'll play standard 8 tuning :D once i get an 8 XD if i do

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
Half a step down, Drop A, G# and F# cause i like to explore and tuning it down makes it sound more djenty to me cause of my strange technique.

Ginsu

Reaction score
GCGCFAD for now, though when my new strings get here (with a low .80 :D) I'm tuning to drop F#.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
GCGCFAD for now, though when my new strings get here (with a low .80 :D) I'm tuning to drop F#.

Just tried that on my 2nd guitar and loving it so far. Theres enough tension with a .74, but can go lower. Wish I could drop to F, but aint happening on 25.5" scale.

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
For the longest time I was tuning my 7s to Bb standard until I got my Agile Pendulum, which I have Bb-Ab, so I decided to tune my 7 to B Standard.

Dunloper

Reaction score
Quick question:

I just bought an Ibanez rg 7321 and it's been over a year and a half since I've had a guitar so even if it's a lower end model I'm pretty pumped. :shred:

Anyways, all my stuff is in A standard and as you know the scale length on this guitar is 25.5

So here's my question, what gauge strings do I need to get for A standard tuning? I like ernie ball but I'm open to other companies. Thing is I'm just hitting up guitar center so I'm pretty sure their selection is going to be pretty limited.
Either way I feel like a noob cause I've always used this tuning. It's just been so long I can't remember what size I used. :scratch:

Reaction score
I use a bunch of different tunings, but I usually tune the E and A strings down to B and F#, respectively, to get BBF#DGBE.
Sometimes I'll tune the low B down to F# to compliment the second F#. Works well on my SC-607B.

Nateman61392

Reaction score
G# Standard for grind stuff.
Bb Standard for prog stuff.

I wanna get a guitar for Drop A for some brutal deathcore stuff, and maybe another for Drop G# for some djent/technical deathcore type stuff.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
Drop D with a low B, and B standard. Might tune everything down a half step if I get a telecaster, since the only other guitar I have right now is my 6, which is in drop C#. It's nice to have a guitar in standard, along with that low B.

')