What do you use to draw up guitar blueprints?

• Thread starter chrisxrome
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cad
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DistinguishedPapyrus

Reaction score
I use Microsoft Paint to make the shape of the body in relation to a 1x1 grid, then transfer that by hand onto a full size sheet of poster board with a 1x1 grid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
I would also recommend AutoCAD. For blue print, measuring, planning and the all pack of features that design may need, AutoCAD delivers it. And it has the advantage of going 2D and 3D.

Any other vector software can do blue prints, Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Rhynoceros, etc...

DraftSight by Dassault Systemes is basically a port/copy of AutoCAD 2008. And it's free. It's definitely a good way to go for anyone looking to a reasonable alternative to forking over one's life savings to Autodesk.

Also, for people who prefer a more art-like approach (rather than the decidedly engineering approach of AutoCAD), Inkscape is a free open source alternative to vector drawing programs like Illustrator. It's not perfect, but it's free and functional. Some people are doing some pretty amazing stuff with it.

ALSO:

Once you have your drawing, if you then want to go to a full-size print, you can use CutePDF Writer (also free!) to print to PDF on large format paper, which can then be taken to just about any FedEx Office type place and printed on a plotter or just a few bucks.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
autocad. I draw things, and I never build em!

')