What Do You Want to See More of in the ERG Market?

• Thread starter Bearitone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
I feel like this would definitely eliminate some of the custom builder business. Who wouldn’t choose to buy in-stock bodies and necks over gambling on a luthier?

I hope this becomes a thing in the future
me too tbh.

Shady Luthiers are a nightmare and this really would eliminate that.

like you, heres hoping it happens.

Bearitone

Reaction score
More stuff like what Aristides is doing, if anyone remembers Switch guitars from like a decade ago, carbon fiber, etc. Basically anything that's not as susceptible to climate/humidity changes. I live in Wisconsin and we have literally 150 degree changes in temperature throughout the year, as well as wildly varying humidity from season to season. Unless I keep my guitars in my house all the time (which I don't, I play shows) I have to deal with setups about twice a year just from environmental changes. Truss rod adjustments, fret sprout, dried-out fingerboards... My bassist has a Cort made from Ebonite with an ebonite board and all it every needs is minor truss adjustments when strings get changed. And headless because ERGs have too many tuners and I hate neck dive.

Is ebonite basically the same as richilite or rocklite?

trem licking

Reaction score
absolutely more trems on 8s. especially floyds. just fucking do it already

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
I'd love to see an ERG Warmoth type company but they would go out of business as soon as the 20 of us that are interested got our fill. :lol:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score

trem licking

Reaction score
So, looks like its production available. Nobody is slapping these on prod 8s yet? I figured Schecter would be the biggest customer by now.

https://floydrose.com/collections/tremolos/products/frt8?variant=29879554898

Schecter does indeed have a model with the 8 floyd, I actually have one and its a very cool guitar. I'd like someone to make a 27" scale variant, preferably with passive pickups. If no one else does, I'll be just fine with my lonely schecter but it'd be nice to have some variety

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
schecter is one of the the only companies that used to put floyds on 8 strings. trems are just too niche of a submarket within the 8 string market, or else we would have seen more of them.

Oh man, this seems like it would be right up your alley. Perfectly spec'd for Knight! :lol:

HELLRAISER%20C-8%20FR%20BCH%20TILT.png

BananaDemocracy

8 String Impaler
Reaction score
There is only ONE guitar that has the 8 string Floyd: Schecter hellraiser C8 Floyd Rose

It seems it is a limited run, 28” neck, neck thru , EMGs..... it’s actually a monster of a guitar.

Very surprising they didn’t make many, but they probably cost too much and weren’t selling enough (?) to keep them in production, idk, does that make sense ?

trem licking

Reaction score
Schecter is still making the hellraiser c8 fr... It is currently on sale at their site and you can buy them from a few online stores. People thinking they are discontinued is probably not a help either haha

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
TT is one of those things thats great on paper but falls short in reality. That guitar minus TT would be cool.

Would buy the Schecter, but i sold my old one because the shape and glossiness are horrible. Also, 27" > 28" for 8s

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Also, 27" > 28" for 8s
ehh depends on what you're using the 8 string for. I sold all of my 27" scale 8 strings in favor 28" (or longer) just because I prefer having extra room for my meathooks and because I was playing a lot of stupidly low chuggachugga for a while there.

never_2many_strings

Reaction score
I'd say more shapes outside of the standard superstrat style, and more pickup configuration options on production guitars. Warmoth 8 string bodies/necks would be awesome as well.