What do your pets do when you play music or guitar?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EvA

bskaiwndhabworirnwsf
Reaction score
Mine used to sit on top of my practice amp and sleep. I guess scale exercises are really boring to listen to haha!

Every time I bring my amp into the house this happens:
profilepic69390_1.gif

Admittedly, when I took the picture the guitar wasn't plugged in but he doesn't ever seem to be phased when I begin to play

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nails In Your Coffin

Reaction score
Any time I go into my music room, one of my cats, Iris, follows me in. She hops up on the desk and all of sudden, wants my attention. If she doesn't get my attention, she hops up on the top of my half-stack and lays there; I think she likes the heat emanating from the tubes.

Yeah, Iris just hangs out and chills. I play fairly loud, but not so loud I blow out everybody's eardrums. There are a few walls that kind of contain the sound a little bit, so...

TerminalFunction

Reaction score
When I play guitar, or music, one of my cat is running back and forth in a frenzy. From what I've heard, music (or certain frequencies) triggers some kind of hunting (or playful) behavior.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
My mom's cats react very differently to music. The older one, Mörkö, doesn't care at all and sometimes even sleeps right next to a speaker when it's blasting away, but her other cat runs and hides straight away when music starts to play :D

KJGaruda

Likes a good riff
Reaction score
I live with three huskies. When I'm playing they'll either start howling or they'll just lay in front of my amp and just kind of chill there.

It's good to have some fans. :rolleyes:

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
my 2 dogs don't even flinch when i play...unless i've been eating bbq. then it's about the q and not my playing

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
My cats thought:

"WTF are trying to do...stupid human"

And then the :shred::mf666: begins

GalacticDeath

Reaction score
When I play acoustic, it seems to attract my dog, he lays on the bed and naps.

When I play electric, he doesn't seem to notice, unless I play some pinch harmonics or make weird noises

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
My cat sits in front of my cab. lol Must love the vibrations

Mr-Jemhead93

I think I'm profound
Reaction score
My pugs seem to hate it when ever I plug into an amp they freak out and try and get out of the room ASAP but if I play on an acoustic they hang around ( although they look like they're on there toes just in case I do plug in lol)

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I share a bedroom with 3 birds, one of which is my fiancé's parrotlette. That little bastard hates me and screams when I'm not doing anything. Like, this 3 inch bird wants to, and when out of the cage, attempts to rip my throat out. Sometimes I play my acoustic in bed, and he lets me know how much he disagrees with it. Very annoying. Some of the noises this guy makes are ear splitting. I do not envy whoever said they had conures.

My dog freaks out upstairs when I turn up my subwoofer in the basement. All of my (fiancé's) other pets are snakes, fish, and tarantulas, so they're unphased.

marshallH

Wears Guitar Too Low
Reaction score
When I play fast hardcore punk my cats usually do a lower pitched meow if they are too lazy to leave the room, but I play literally anything else they just sit there. My dog used to bob her head, almost in time, it was the most adorable thing.

Deep Blue

Reaction score
I believe my cat gets jealous of my guitar when i play it, he sits beside me and places his paw on my fretting hand forearm.

"Stahp making squealie noises and pet me human."

He'll walk right up to my amp and smell it while I'm playing, apparently unfazed.

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
All I have to do is crank up my amp and start playing some brutals, and my dog will usually run upstairs wagging his tail and stay there while I play... did I mention he catches and kills/tries to eat rabbits and birds? My dog is metal as f....

spn_phoenix_92

The Black Winter
Reaction score
I used to be the lead vocalist/guitarist to my own little rock band with my friends back in my mid teen years, & whenever we practiced, my Siberian Husky thought she should be the one singing :lol:

sunken0887

Reaction score
when i got my practice amp plugged in my cat usually will sit next to me and rub up against me(even when i try to record takes sometimes he does this), sometimes he sits there, even when i play music on my computer he'll sit right next to it, its kinda funny

but once i turn on the 5150 he's gone lmao

Ajb667

Reaction score
I have three cats, and everytime the youngest hears me playing my 8 string, he runs up and tries to play with the strings.
He wants to shred.

')