What effect is this?

• Thread starter StatutoryApe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Starts at 0:05

I've heard it in a couple songs and was wondering how I could do it in Reaper.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Borges

Reaction score
That's sick lol! And I don't think it's an effect it sounds like what they're doing is taking a segment of that riff (like a millisecond or 10) and cutting it into 20+ parts panned left and right at a millisecond each. That's how i'd do it. So basically you'd have little strips of recording that start and end in like, a millisecond, but 20 of them, reallly close together with a slight pause in between, if you get me, BUT, they probably have something that does it for them :)

What I WANT TO KNOW is how bands get that sick sound with those palm muted chugs. Low tuning + the trebley tone maybe?

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
It's just a standard glitch effect. You can get results like this with this http://illformed.org/plugins/glitch/ . A really fun tool to mess with!

Ps This track is actually pretty sweet. This band must have alot of energy live.

Reaction score
Thank you!

Yes they're a really sick band and all nice dudes. Go check them out if you'd like.

And they play in Drop A# with probably a 6505 boosted with a TubeScreamer.

Borges

Reaction score
Thank you!

Yes they're a really sick band and all nice dudes. Go check them out if you'd like.

And they play in Drop A# with probably a 6505 boosted with a TubeScreamer.

Yeah definitely sounds like a 6505, also, found a new band. These guys are sick :metal:

Mettle209

Reaction score
Thank you!

And they play in Drop A# with probably a 6505 boosted with a TubeScreamer.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I am loving the chug. Great all around sound.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Just sounds like a tremolo with the depth at 100% and a very fast rate.

Radicz0r

Worst Dude
Reaction score
What's the name of their album?? their merc store only shows shirts and hoodies but for a band they don't appear to be selling music, which is kind of ironic

')