What ethnicity are you all?

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
1/2 very diluted Scottish - a quarter from each side, and that line has been in the States for a really long time. Apparently one side goes back to blue blood around the time of Robert the Bruce. 1/4 Austrian, and 1/4 very fresh Hungarian. My grandfather was born in Barcelona and moved between there and Budapest in the early/mid 30's until they came to the States (his dad was a fairly high level rabbi, you see...).

flint757

Reaction score
25% Cherokee
25% Polish
50% German

My family has lived in the US since the late 1800's though.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy dicksnapping shitsnacking necrobumps, Batman! And twice already! 4 years and a half the first necro, and over 3 years for the second! :lol: Nuts.

I already commented a while back, but I should probably elaborate again, as I've found out a little bit more about my ancestry since then:

Father's side:
Both of my grandparents are from the Canary Islands as far back as we can tell. La Palma (one of the seven islands) was a very small and rather secluded community back then (smaller still than today), and I don't think they really kept ancestry records much, but we know that even my great-great-grandparents lived there (somewhere in my family there is a portrait of my great-great-grandparents, I believe), so my father is most likely 100% Canarian, which means that very likely his ancestry can be traced to both peninsular Spanish and Guanche descent. Both of these could have Berber blood in them. My grandparents emigrated together to Venezuela after the Spanish Civil War, during Francisco Franco's regime, at the end of the 1940's - early 1950's. I believe they married in Venezuela (not sure about this), and my dad was born and raised in Venezuela.

Mother's side:
There's slightly less information here, since it's a bit more complicated. Her grandfather from her mom's side was Dutch (lived in Curacao), while the rest of them were most probably all Spanish (although we lack details). From her dad's side, it is known that some of them are Spanish as well, but, due to family conflicts, ties were cut among many of them and there was bad blood, so it is not certain where they may have come from. My mom was born and raised in Venezuela, too.

In short, I say that I am 1/8 Dutch, ~1/8 unknown (perhaps some Wayuu aboriginal), 1/4 peninsular (Iberian) Spanish, and 1/2 Canarian. I was born in Venezuela, and left the country at age 15.

When I introduce myself, though, I just say I'm half Venezuelan, half Spanish. :lol:

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Egyptian/Palestinian (African from the waist down, Asian from the waist up- think about it.)

Born American

Raised European

Engaged to a Costa Rican

Net result:

Diplomatic immunity- can make whatever ethnic jokes I want (based on the "don't worry, I have an (xethnicity) friend" principal)

:yesway:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Fun fact: the Layton family crest is a knight helm with yes, three shells. THREE SHELLS!

Layton-England.jpg

images

Murmel

Reaction score
My mum's from Greenland and my dad's from Iran. I'm born and raised in Sweden :D

That's so dope.

I'm your typical boring Swede. Some Sami here, some Finn there, and to spice it up a tiny bit of Romani.
You can't tell any of the Romani though, I look 100% Swedish.

It's funny, my father has almost black hair, darker complexion and brown eyes. My mom has the typical rat-coloured hair of scandinaiva, light complexion and blue eyes.

I got nothing from my dad except the shape of my eyes. So much for dominant genes :lol:

')