What ethnicity are you all?

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kullerbytta

Newborn
Reaction score
That's so dope.

I'm your typical boring Swede. Some Sami here, some Finn there, and to spice it up a tiny bit of Romani.
You can't tell any of the Romani though, I look 100% Swedish.

It's funny, my father has almost black hair, darker complexion and brown eyes. My mom has the typical rat-coloured hair of scandinaiva, light complexion and blue eyes.

I got nothing from my dad except the shape of my eyes. So much for dominant genes :lol:

Hah, I get that alot... I don't think I've actually met anyone who's from Greenland before...
People think I'm from either Japan, China or Chile :lol: got some real sturdy, thick and durable hair from my mum, asian-esque eyes from mum and my dad's Iranian nose, haha. My height is a mystery though... Both mum and dad are like 5'6 and I'm 5'10

Nothing wrong with 'boring swedes'! Yer a viking! Sometimes I wish I was Swedish because the Scandinavian ancestry is awesome :hbang:
Greenland's history is interesting and all... But... Vikings :D everyone loves vikings. You should grow an awesome beard, braid it and just be awesome :agreed:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
The real question is, what am I *not*?

Based on conversations with my parents and grandparents, this is the myriad of lineages that I seem to have sprung from:

- Scottish
- French
- English
- Irish
- Spanish
- Cree
- Swedish
- German Jew

I've determined that I am very slightly more than 1/4 Scottish, and exactly 1/4 French. Everything else is a giant mishmash. I am a mutt from a long line of mutts.

Ironically, my last name is more reminiscent of Japanese than anything else.

necronile

Reaction score
Both parents are from Azerbaijan and I look 100% slav lol, but I have bit of ashkenazic jewish in my ancestry

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
The real question is, what am I *not*?

Based on conversations with my parents and grandparents, this is the myriad of lineages that I seem to have sprung from:

- Scottish
- French
- English
- Irish
- Spanish
- Cree
- Swedish
- German Jew

I've determined that I am very slightly more than 1/4 Scottish, and exactly 1/4 French. Everything else is a giant mishmash. I am a mutt from a long line of mutts.

Ironically, my last name is more reminiscent of Japanese than anything else.

My last ex was like this. She's a smattering of Scandinavian, English, French, Hungarian (Jewish) and a couple other things I can't remember (five or seven, and she also joked all farmers). Medium tone skin, tans a ton, curly brown hair and ends up looking Mediterranean or something. All her cousins are blonde and blue eyed :lol:

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
Hispanic.

Don't know anything about my lineage, don't really care to.

This is sort of my thinking, too. I know there's some Scotch-Irish, German, and I keep hearing about some sort of Native American blood on my mother's side. I've never really looked any deeper into it. I may one day but it's not incredibly high on my list of things to do. :lol:

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I'm English, my dad is English by birth etc but is ethnically half-Ukrainian, so I suppose that makes me a quarter Ukrainian? Or is it an eighth? Never sure if that's right, surely you're meant to take the mother's side into account as well... my mum is fully English.

So basically, I'm English with a weird misspelled Ukrainian surname (there's a story attached to that, which is available on request :lol:)

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
25% Cherokee
37.5% Slavic
37.5% Irish

Probably not that exact for anything except the Cherokee, there's most likely a lot of mixing that we aren't aware of, we just know that the trunk of my mother's family tree is Irish(the Killoughs for which Killough Castle and the town of Killough, Ireland are named), and my father's lineage is generally Czech Slavic.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm English, my dad is English by birth etc but is ethnically half-Ukrainian, so I suppose that makes me a quarter Ukrainian? Or is it an eighth? Never sure if that's right, surely you're meant to take the mother's side into account as well... my mum is fully English.

So basically, I'm English with a weird misspelled Ukrainian surname (there's a story attached to that, which is available on request :lol:)

I understand why someone might not give it much importance - I just like to stick my nose everywhere I can (I know what you're thinking... and the answer is "maybe") - but the old man is such a damn good talker and storyteller that I can't help but sit down, listen, and be goddamn interested. :lol:

EDIT: LOL I totally quoted the wrong post. This is what I was replying to:
This is sort of my thinking, too. I know there's some Scotch-Irish, German, and I keep hearing about some sort of Native American blood on my mother's side. I've never really looked any deeper into it. I may one day but it's not incredibly high on my list of things to do. :lol:

Last edited:

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
I understand why someone might not give it much importance - I just like to stick my nose everywhere I can (I know what you're thinking... and the answer is "maybe") - but the old man is such a damn good talker and storyteller that I can't help but sit down, listen, and be goddamn interested. :lol:

EDIT: LOL I totally quoted the wrong post. This is what I was replying to:

Oh I hear ya' man. I used to love sitting around listening to the old-timers telling their stories of the old days. I always sat arouns and listened, but my family has been in America since before The Great Depression (my great-grandmother lived through it and that's what most of her stories were about) and everything is so watered down that all you really get are the highlights. That's why I know as much as I do is from the stories I've just never really delved much deeper into it.

Maybe one day I'll do one of those mouth swabs and send it off to see what all I really am. Then again maybe not. It wouldn't change anything but I guess that the knowlegde would be nice to have.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
1/4 Italian
1/4 Mexican
1/4 Spanish
The rest an awkward mix of most of Europe and a tiny bit of Native American somewhere.

')