What ethnicity are you all?

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mykie

Fatal Havoc
Reaction score
Hawksmoor said:
One?

We have THE best: Westvleteren Abbey beer

Then there's the 1500 others that kick Heineken's butt :spock:

Anyways, for you US guys who wonders how such a small country might have so many different kinds of beer: we're big on that tradition. In the old days every town, village and abbey had it's own brewery. Why ? because of the black plague.
Brewing beer involves cooking water and alcohol, hence killing all harmfull bacteria. So most people started drinking beer instead of water.

That's why, on the global scale of alcoholism, you get the following order:
1, Russians
2, The Irish
3, The Belgians

The Irish all the way :hbang:

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
Mom's half Puetro Rican and Dad's half Russian. God knows what else I got in me.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
Japan/France... wow... I'd love to hear how that happened Shawn :) Probably an interesting story how your folks met. I always thought seeing people with interesting mixes like that was pretty cool. :yesway:

Anyways, my parents are from Zimbabwe.
:lol: My father was born and raised in Lewiston, Maine. Then, he went in the Navy back in 1969 and was stationed in Japan and met my mother there. He was in the Navy for 20 years. :yesway:

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Hawaiian, Welsh, and German

And yet I cannot do either the Hula or that slappy lederhosen dance

Shawn said:
:lol: My father was born and raised in Lewiston, Maine. Then, he went in the Navy back in 1969 and was stationed in Japan and met my mother there. He was in the Navy for 20 years. :yesway:

LMAO

I have a Half Sister in Scotland (My Dad Was a Navy Guy and got around as well)

I prolly have more half siblings I dont know about......:lol:

gdbjr21 said:
Half Inupiaq Eskimo and Half Tlingit Indian.

Ive been to Sitka - I have firends that live in Juneau and my brother lives in Anchorage

That ferry ride from Prince Rupert to Juneau :noway: :noway: :noway:

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
American.

My ancestors were from Brittany, as far as I can tell (the record gets a bit fuzzy before they came to Canada in the early 1600s)

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
keithb said:
American.

My ancestors were from Brittany, as far as I can tell (the record gets a bit fuzzy before they came to Canada in the early 1600s)

Oh yeah? Well my great, great , great , great, great grandmother came across on the Mayflower! (Many times I'm told!) :lol:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I was born in detroit, michigan. My mom was born somewhere in michigan and my dad was born somewhere in kentucky. My grandparents on my mom's side of the family were from Slovenia (former Yugoslavia), and my grandmother on my dad's side was from Germany. My paternal lineage is unknown. Pretty much everyone except my dad changed his name going up through paternal heritage, so it gets confusing very fast…

So I'm American of German/Slovene descent.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Bulgarian (Though I've lived in the states most of my life).

Bet I'm the only one on here :fawk:

Jesse

iJesse
Contributor
Reaction score
Fucked up story here. On my moms side Im english, but they origianlly came from Norway to England. On my Dads side Im Norweigan, but we landed in the US, and hung out in the dakotas for a while, then... well long story, we end up in crap town canada, and here we are!

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
My nationality is American. My father's side is of German descent; my mother's side is of Irish descent (very proud Irish grandfather). My step-father's "side" (no blood relation) is of English descent.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
English father (that side of the family's from the Yorkshire region) and a Scottish mother, although I tend to think of myself as more English.

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score
OK well here goes,,,My Mom's family were actually part of the Nordic invasion into England So there is some Scandinavian and English. Then they came to the New Country in about 1590. My Great Great Grandmother on that side is Black Foot Indian. Then my Dad's side was directly from Russia and Germany...but being of the people I am..I also have French, Austrian, and Czech in me. What can I say...no one wanted us so we moved around a bit. But I am AMERICAN WITH NO FUCKING HYPHEN!!!!!!!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Half Swedish, quarter Italian, and a quarter French-canadian. Of the three, the Italian is the most interesting half, and culturally the one I identify myself most closely with, so that's the one I think of myself as. I may only be a quarter Italian in body, but I'm all Italian at heart. :wub:

Your Majesty

Ibanez Goddess
Reaction score
Drew said:
.......quarter Italian, and a quarter French-canadian. Of the three, the Italian is the most interesting half, and culturally the one I identify myself most closely with, so that's the one I think of myself as. I may only be a quarter Italian in body, but I'm all Italian at heart. :wub:

Awhhh :wub: Sei cosi carino quando perli de la tua storia. Io penso che sei pui italiano perche a vero, il tuo cuore a sentimentale, e bravo.

')