What ethnicity are you all?

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
On a related note, how is it that quite a large percentage of white people here in the States (at least in my own, subjective personal experience) claim Native American descent to some degree? Looking at the cultural bias of the last 200 years of American history, I find it highly unlikely. You'd at least see more African ancestors than Native American. Any thoughts on this?
Iunno. Maybe some of them want to be able to say that they have some right to the land/bein' murrcan?

My Papaw is really dark complected, and I've just heard him mention something about having native american lineage somewhere in there, not really sure where. [/defensemode] :lol:

EDIT: And I don't see why you think that cultural bias would lead there to be more African lineage than Native American? I mean, I've seen much more racism against black people than "the red man".

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Iunno. Maybe some of them want to be able to say that they have some right to the land/bein' murrcan?

My Papaw is really dark complected, and I've just heard him mention something about having native american lineage somewhere in there, not really sure where. [/defensemode] :lol:

EDIT: And I don't see why you think that cultural bias would lead there to be more African lineage than Native American? I mean, I've seen much more racism against black people than "the red man".

Probably because we killed most of them! I think cultural bias is the wrong word for what I was trying to say. More white people had more interaction with black people than the native population. Keep in mind that us black folk were big, dumb brutes to them, not savages like the natives.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Mom's side: grandfather was Polish, and grandmother was also born in Poland, however, her birthplace is currently part of Belarus. She considers herself Polish. Seems fair to me. Interestingly enough, my grandfather left Poland at the beginning of the war, and was stationed in Italy throughout its entirety. My grandmother, who was young at the time, was separated from her family, which was all sent to Russia. She ended up in Lebanon, where she was raised in an orphanage. After the war, both my grandfather and grandmother came here to Montreal and met when they were 25 and 19, respectively. In a stroke of luck, my grandmother was able to find her mother in Russia, and much of our Polish/Belarussian/Russian family soon after came to Canada as well. I know next to nothing about my grandfather's family.

As far as my father's side is concerned, my grandmother is Scottish and grandfather was originally from somewhere in the Soviet Union, most likely Latvia, Lithuania or Russia. My grandfather was also Jewish. I really don't know much more than that.

I was also named (my middle names) after my grandfathers, Jeff Henry (Henryk) Alexander.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
I'm part Native American, English (Routh), German or Irish for Purvis side? I'm not sure. Maybe someone could clarify of last names from where they live.

Anyway there's supposed to be a church in England I think, called the Church of Routh?

I have no idea. But that's where my ancestors of the Routh side are from.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
My mom is from Yugoslavia. She moved here in her early 20's. We have discussions on if we're now Bosnian, or Croatian. Guess all the Catholics moved to Croatia after the war, but she had left before then. My cousin from there chimes in all the time, and it makes a very confusing convo, :lol: Geographically, we're Bosnian...politically and religiously (since it's the same thing there), we're Croatian.

I just say Yugoslavian (and no, thats not Slavic, assholes :squint:)

My fathers side came from Scotland, a trillion years ago. My last name came from MacDubshire, which is 'Dark one of peace'. Also known as the Black Knights :cool:

And there's a VERY little bit of Blackfoot Indian.

Sooo:

50% Yugoslavian/Bosnian/Croatian (depends who I'm talking to, :lol:)
~25-35% Scottish (my dads side has a LOT of Scot, his mothers side is from Scotland too)
~1-5% Blackfoot

I've got a lot of interesting stories about my ancestors, like George Washington McFee, who fought for the Confederacy, and killed his own brother, who fought for the North (actually have the records of that somewhere). Also have arrest records of MacFee and McFee boys who were moonshiners and hotrodders during prohibition. And even some information on the entire MacDubshire clan being exiled from Ireland for their abuse of alcohol, and moving to Scotland, but refusing to adhere to any one Kingdoms rule (hence becoming the Black Knights).

I was destined to be an alcoholic :lol:

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
100% German
Pretty boring compared to the rest of you :lol:

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
75% Italian, 1/16th Cherokee Indian, and no idea what the rest is.

pwilldabeast14

Reaction score
My father is French/Canadian and my mother is Japanese so that makes me half Japanese and half French/Canadian.

Edit: would've added the poll but there are too many different nationalities to list. :)

nice! well my mom was adopted from korea by a dutch family and my dads a good ole white guy from north carolina

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
I have to tick 'Asian - Other' when I fill in forms :lol:

But 100% Burmese. Hence the 'other' bit.

Lucas_061287

Reaction score
I'm a Heinz 57- Irish, German, Polish, Swedish, Cherokee... thats all I can remember lol.

')