What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Just beat GTA V on Xbone, since I finally upgraded from my ancient 360 which I also have GTA V for :lol:

anxiously awaiting the arrival of Fallout 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thedonal

Reaction score
I finally let the girlfriend talk me into playing Heavy Rain and I'm very glad she did. Such an absorbing game.

The original Crysis on PC was an incredible experience and still one of the most visually beautiful games ever made (same with Warhead). Crytek could have made a dominant franchise if they had stuck to what made it so unique rather than morphing it into Call of Duty.

I like the story driven aspects that evolve in the series. I still see games like this as more a showcase for the engines they develope. I'm sure dev companies make more money licensing the engines out over time than they do with the showreel game. The Unreal engines being a prime example.

Anyway. First one done. I forgot how utterly frustrating the final two bosses are to fight through. It does look pretty good on PC. Onto the next...

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
Still addicted to Fallen Earth, slowly but surely leveling my character. In the process of crafting a combat dune buggy. It's like 80 hours total craft time, if you include starting from just the inital knowledge.

I wish some of you guys played that. It would be fun to play with some fellow SSOers.

BUT DAT FALLOUT 4 DOE

ferret

Reaction score
Banished has eaten hours and hours of my time this last week. And I honestly don't know why, I just can't quit playing. I tell myself "get off at 8pm" but then it's 10pm when I next check the clock...

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
GW2 patch day.

Skills and trait lines overhaul! Couple things are a little bonkers atm (engineers dropping 8k damage burn stacks....), but overall the trait lines are a lot tighter and better designed than before. Some more nice quality of life improvements. And they've totally rebuilt Lion's Arch and my god is it gorgeous.

Inside of the new light house:
zi1zcZI.jpg

thedonal

Reaction score
Well. Not having played a Tekken since no.2 on PS1, I finally got Tekken 6 on X-box 360.

Christ almighty that arcade mode is tough. Even stage 4 is a serious arse kicker and Xbox Rage inducer.

I can only surmise that not buying a replacement controller for the next month or so can only be a good thing for my musical productivity! :D

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Just finished the main questline for Witcher III.

There is now a deep void in my life.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Just started Tomy Raider Definitive Edition on PS4. I beat the game already on PS3, but it's was so fun I decided to play it again. Also borrowed The Last of Us on PS4, another game fun enough to play twice.

Reaction score
Been cleaning up some trophies collection lately. Cleared Classic Battle mode in Injustice on the PS4. Just suffered through the last few levels of Duke Nukem Forever. Haven't plat'd PoP yet but all I have left is the combo stuff. Got the PS4 version of Ground Zeroes off PS+ so I played some of that. Cleaned up some misc Gran Turismo 5 trophies as well as some in WWE 2K14.

Basically, I have a lot of time on my hands now that our guitarist disappeared on us/moved for work.

Pav

???
Reaction score
^^ I've been on a trophy binge myself. Just platinum'd Heavy Rain, now time to go back and finish Mirror's Edge that an old roommate started in 2008. Then I get started on the entire Uncharted series, which I hear is quite good. :D

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Based on some of the Steam reviews I want to play Elite: Dangerous, but I know my laptop won't be able to handle it and my PC is back at home in Ontario. :(

I am about to finish up with Hitman: Absolution, though. Finally, after a few years.

Overall I enjoyed it. It could get frustrating getting caught and restarting when you're trying to do good playthroughs without being caught and so on, but it was also a good challenge. I only played on Normal mode but it was quite fun. Might have to give Blood Money a shot next time it's on sale since I heard that ones better.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I am about to finish up with Hitman: Absolution, though. Finally, after a few years.

:yesway:

It was freaking brutal trying to finish missions without changing suits in Absolution. :realmad:

Might have to give Blood Money a shot next time it's on sale since I heard that ones better.

Another excellent game. I also highly recommend Hitman: Contracts. So freaking amusing performing silent assassins on some of your targets in that game.

Reaction score
Plat'd Killzone HD. Might try and suffer through those Speed Runs and Time Trials in Mirror's Edge since they announced the contents of the collector's edition of Catalyst a couple days ago.

mongey

Reaction score
I had no real time to put into batman over the weekend so I had a few short goes on Rocket League

I wasn't sure what to expect when I downloaded it but that game is fun as hell online

Kimling

Reaction score
I generally wait for games to go on sale or come down in price, so I just got Bioshock Infinite now.
Holy smokes! I am more immersed in this game by just playing the intro than I have been in games for a long time!
This gun' be guud!

Beowulf Von Thrashmeister

Reaction score
Fallout: New Vegas.

I love this game !!!. :)

Just finished the `Dead Money` DLC on hardcore mode, it can be bloody stressful sometimes to play, but fun. ;)

It would be nice if you could equip the Hazmat suits that the Ghost People wear in the Sierra Madre (you can find one in the big MT in a ruined building), to protect you from the gas clouds.

Looking forwards to Fallout 4 when it comes out !!!. :)

')