What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Finally got the platinum in Shadow of Mordor for my first PS4 plat and seventh overall. Might finish up InFamous: Second Sun and then go for First Light as I've heard it's quite quick and easy to plat.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Mirror's Edge = PLATINUM'D! Holy hell, that is easily the most frustrating game I've played through in some years. Cool idea but between the obnoxiously over-saturated colors and the time trials that require more precision than a gamepad offers, it was much more of a chore to be beaten than an enjoyable experience. Good riddance; maybe Catalyst will be a little more refined. Now onto the MGS HD Collection to platinum MGS3 and Peace Walker in time for MGS5.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
My video card recently bought the farm, so I got a newer, better card and celebrated by picking up Dragon Age: Inquisition and playing it with all the settings maxed out. Very much enjoying it thus far.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Finished up Hitman Absolution.

:yesway:

Have you seen the new gameplay for the new Hitman game that is going to be released on December 8? Looks awesome. According to a article in Gameinformer magazine, they stated, "... this time these sandboxes are 6-7 times larger than anything Hitman fans have seen before". :fever:

In other stealth game news, I just finished up Splinter Cell: Blacklist on solo campaign and messing around with the "bonus/4E missions. Excellent game!!! Highly recommended for stealth game fans. :cool:

Rosal76

Reaction score
Now onto the MGS HD Collection to platinum MGS3 and Peace Walker in time for MGS5.

Excellent game with a very detailed story line but good God!!! The length of those cutscenes!!! I think they have enough cutscenes in those games to make several full length movies. :agreed:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
:yesway:

Have you seen the new gameplay for the new Hitman game that is going to be released on December 8? Looks awesome. According to a article in Gameinformer magazine, they stated, "... this time these sandboxes are 6-7 times larger than anything Hitman fans have seen before". :fever:

In other stealth game news, I just finished up Splinter Cell: Blacklist on solo campaign and messing around with the "bonus/4E missions. Excellent game!!! Highly recommended for stealth game fans. :cool:
I haven't looked into the new game but I will most likely get it at some point. I kind of hope they take away/tone down the whole Instinct mode thing. Any game that has that (detective vision, wraith vision, etc.) takes away from the game. Definitely takes away from the immersion for me and just feels like the game is babying me.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

Blacklist was a fantastic entry in the series, my only gripe - and it's not even about the gameplay - is the loss of Michael Ironside's as Sam Fisher. I got to speak to the developers at PAX East the year it was released and they told me straight up they wanted to go a different route for this one. I was bummed but respected their decision.

Rosal76

Reaction score
... my only gripe - and it's not even about the gameplay - is the loss of Michael Ironside's as Sam Fisher.

I also miss Michael Ironside as the voice of Sam Fisher. His interrogations with enemies from the previous games are priceless. There is one quote that Sam said in Blacklist which I thought was, "classic Michael Ironside/Sam Fisher".

Sam says to Kobin, who is a prisoner on the Paladin plane: "You better be, or I'll take you skydiving". The look on Kobin's face. :lol:

Rosal76

Reaction score
I kind of hope they take away/tone down the whole Instinct mode thing. Any game that has that (detective vision, wraith vision, etc.) takes away from the game. Definitely takes away from the immersion for me and just feels like the game is babying me.

I agree with you. As frustrating/stressful that it can be, I love the paranoia of stealth games. I love constantly looking behind my shoulder and waiting/watching enemies walk their route. IMHO, stealth gamers, the ones who don't kill/knockout anyone are the most patient/precise gamers out there.

The instinct (Hitman) and heat vision goggles (Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell) do help the casual gamers who otherwise wouldn't want to spent 2 days trying to finish a mission.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Excellent game with a very detailed story line but good God!!! The length of those cutscenes!!! I think they have enough cutscenes in those games to make several full length movies. :agreed:

Oh yes, I think MGS4 had over 10 hours of solid cutscenes. MGS3 wasn't much better in that regard and that doesn't even include the long codec conversations. :lol:

Rosal76

Reaction score
Oh yes, I think MGS4 had over 10 hours of solid cutscenes. MGS3 wasn't much better in that regard and that doesn't even include the long codec conversations. :lol:

That is the one and only thing that is stopping me from buying/playing Metal Gear Solid 5. I played the Ground zero game and liked it and therefore, got me interested in MGS5. Man, but those cutscenes. Maybe I'll spend 1 day watching the cutscenes while eating a bag of chips and then play the game afterwards. :lol: Jokes aside, I do want to understand and appreciate the MGS storylines. :cool:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
For some reason, I keep buying Batman games, despite being disappointed every time. :lol: Somewhere around 97% complete. Just have a few Riddler things left, and (I'm guessing) one or two more story scenes to go. Decided - this time - that I'm not finishing the story until I'm done with all the Riddler/Challenge stuff. When I'm done with it, I want to be done with it. ;)

Also working through Ori.

Thinking about picking up Elite Dangerous, but I can't decide if I should get the preview edition on XBO for $30, or spend twice as much to get the full edition on Steam, even though I prefer console gaming... First World Problems!

Ulvhedin

Phrygianist
Reaction score
42% in Shadow of Mordor, right now. Quite a cool game, even if I'm not much of a lotr-fan.

Though I'm not in a gaming phase now, so might take me a while to get through it.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Finished Arkham Knight; there's a surprise at the end if you didn't know. Dug this one; combat was good, story was ok, even ended up liking using the Batmobile after getting decent good with it. Not bad at all.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently Limbo will be available for free on PS4 in August, so trying to get Journey and Hotline Miami 2 wrapped up by then. Also, delved back in GTA IV, and tempted to throw GTA V back in.

I also keep forgetting I have Ether One sitting there, which has proven to be interesting so far.

Reaction score
After taking care of some yard work and fixing the ac in the living room I finally got chance to start my infamous playthough of Second Sun. Why can't I skip the cut scenes?

')