What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Also, picked up RE6 over PSN last week for foolishly cheap. I'm two hours in and I can say with confidence this is the worst Resident Evil game I've ever played. Bad controls, bad camera angles (somehow worse than the older games with the fixed camera), bad HUD design, bad AI, and an endless supply of extra-bad QTEs.

+1.

I love the Resident evil games but 6 is very, very hard to get into. I'm was trying to beat all the difficulties (easy, normal, veteran, professional, no hope) but I stopped at normal and put the game away. IMHO, Resident evil 4 and 5 peaked it for me with the numbered Resident evil games.

The Ada Wong campaign in RE6 is kinda cool and as you get to sneak around and also stealth kill in some of the levels. Ada has been hanging out with Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell. :lol:

Reaction score
Super Hyped for Final Fantasy Type - O
Installing it now. Been on a PC games w/ a Controller lately.
Cant wait for November when the Steam Controller finally is
birthed unto the public.

drpepper

Reaction score
completely into Dragonball Xenoverse. Level 76 Saiyan so far. if anyone happens to play for PS3 . my gamer tag is TacoFliesFree. .

i also play MLB 15 the show, and Gran Turismo 6 on there if anyone wants to play with me.

texshred777

Reaction score
Picked up Arkham Origins last night. So far pretty damn good. I loved the first two so no surprise-even if Rocksteady didn't develop it.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Only 7 days left until MGS5, at which point I disappear from life entirely for at least two months.

Repner

Reaction score
I've never played these games. Are they good or something?

Agreed with above. It's worth getting the Legacy Collection and playing through the series though first. The story is worth it.

One thing to note however, if you do buy that and want to play the first two Metal Gear games from the 80's, you'll have to go into MGS3's menu to find them. Good games, but optional.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I've never played these games. Are they good or something?

Metal Gear Solid is the grand daddy of stealth games. Here are some of the things that make MGS stand out.

Very, and I mean very detailed, through and complete story lines that can easily be made into several movies. * MGS is actually in the Guinness World Records for having the longest cutscene in a game. Bring the popcorn.

When you get injured, the game tells you exactly what body part is injured and you must use the proper medical items/procedures to heal yourself. There is no "heal all health packs" in these games.

Some of the smartest AI enemies and most unique bosses/sub-bosses I have ever encountered in any game. Excluding fantasy games, though. Some bosses require you to think wayyyy outside the box to beat them.

Very unique ways to kill/fool enemies. Example: One enemy who is really old, actually dies of old age when you turn off your game console. He (the enemy) challenges you to a sniper duel. If you decide to turn off your console and turn it back on (I don't know how long the console has to be off), he is too weak to fight and dies. * You do have the option to fight him or course. This enemy appears in MGS 3.

Amusing ways to distract enemies like putting girlie magazines on the floor for them to look at. They stop, look at the magazine and start giggling allowing you to sneak by them/on them.

I could go on and on and on about how awesome the games are but it would be like 3 pages. If you're a fan of stealth games, and long cutscenes, you should check them out.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Only 7 days left until MGS5, at which point I disappear from life entirely for at least two months.

Would that be for just watching and trying to understand the cutscenes? :lol:

Seriously though, tell us how the game is when ya get it. :cool:

Pav

???
Reaction score
Would that be for just watching and trying to understand the cutscenes? :lol:

Seriously though, tell us how the game is when ya get it. :cool:

I hope not! :lol: Supposedly Kojima streamlined all of the long-winded plot elements for the Phantom Pain. Cutscenes are supposed to be much shorter and the lengthy codec conversations have been replaced with recordings that you listen to at your own pace, either in the game's menus or on your phone/tablet whenever you want.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Very unique ways to kill/fool enemies. Example: One enemy who is really old, actually dies of old age when you turn off your game console. He (the enemy) challenges you to a sniper duel. If you decide to turn off your console and turn it back on (I don't know how long the console has to be off), he is too weak to fight and dies. * You do have the option to fight him or course. This enemy appears in MGS 3.

Thats creative as sh!t.

Reaction score
I've been geeking out on the Witcher 3 over the past few weeks since it's been patched. Picked up where I left off on the normal difficulty got to level 22 and ended up failing a few quests because I progressed the main story. Being an OCD perfectionist, that bugged the .... out of me. So I restarted on Death March difficulty and love it even more. Pretty sure I'll be playing it until Fallout 4 comes out.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted

I'm waiting for the new Need For Speed, so this, among other games, is tiding me over.

• The Crew

Cool game. Sometimes the huge distances to cover is annoying, sometimes it's cool. Roadtrips, you know?

naw38

Reaction score

I didn't know it was coming out so soon, and when I found out that it was... it's made the last few days unbearably long.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
60 hours later, I've finally finished Tales of the Abyss

Only thing I can say, even with my party at around lv 73 - 75, f**k the final boss

ferret

Reaction score
90% complete with a full 100% explored and completed Fallout 3 save file, started fresh to cure Fallout 4 itchiness.

')