What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Diablo III....recommended here and I dig it. Interesting graphics, plays great, best dungeon crawl I've done in a while. This is good stuff.

Did you end up getting the Ultimate Evil on PS4, or force your PC to play it?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Lmao...there was no forcing the 5 yr old laptop, bro. Grabbed UE for PS4....

:lol:

It really is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Something about having it on the consoles and not clicking everywhere made it 1000x more enjoyable. Not to mention the ability of not having to deal with lost network connections, such a blessing.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score

It really is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Something about having it on the consoles and not clicking everywhere made it 1000x more enjoyable. Not to mention the ability of not having to deal with lost network connections, such a blessing.

This would be the one thing that would make me want to play it on a console. It drives me bat.... insane when I'm fighting against Diablo himself and the loading screen between the normal and shadow realm stutters and causes me to lose network connection on single player mode on PC. There's several parts to the fight and if that happens, you have to start all over again. Gahhhhhh!!! :scream:

But I'm from the old Diablo series vanguard, so playing it on a controller would seem weird and foreign to me. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
But I'm from the old Diablo series vanguard, so playing it on a controller would seem weird and foreign to me. :lol:

In theory, I should also be like this since I remember playing D1 back in the days of yesteryear on PC, but console gaming ruined me.

I had that same thing happen the other night, I was having a good run with my Barbarian and then boom - Comcast proved to be themselves and I lost the connection and couldn't get it back.

J-Fender7

The Son of Fender
Reaction score
Playing the Resistance Series for PS3. I wanted some new shooters and got the whole series for like $15. I haven't heard anyone else who likes the series, but I think it's pretty fun. I'm currently about halfway through the 3rd, and I think the story is pretty great. Any other fans of Resistance?

Rosal76

Reaction score
Any other fans of Resistance?

I've played the games and enjoyed them. I really enjoyed exploring the burnt out/destroyed locations and having the Chimera or whatever jump out and attack. I don't remember which game it was of the 3 but that one where you had to go through the subway tunnels. :ugh: I was like, "where's MacReady from The Thing (1982) when I need him". :lol:

Taylor

Formerly... someone
Reaction score
Finally picked up The Witcher 3. It's straining my laptop to its limits, but it's amazing so far! And yes you read that right, I'm playing The Witcher 3 on a laptop :fawk: I may only be getting 30 fps on medium settings, but it'll do for now.

J-Fender7

The Son of Fender
Reaction score
I really enjoyed exploring the burnt out/destroyed locations and having the Chimera or whatever jump out and attack.
I totally agree! It reminds me of Dead Space a bit, but I really liked the creepy vibe from it. I just finished part of the story where you go through a burned up town and the chimera just kindof pop out, and it actually got pretty difficult, especially with the low amounts of ammo the game allows you to hold.

ghost_of_karelia

Utrydd dei Svake
Reaction score
Still slugging through Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Now closing in on rank 44 with some sweet skins from the workshop, maining a vanguard with a zweihander. Applied to join a competitive clan recently, though got to work on aiming the lookdown overheads. Getting to grips with double feints as well, though some of the drags on the heavier knight weapons are still unsettling me.

Dooky

Reaction score
I'm back to playing Battlefield 4. After a long break, I really enjoy coming back to this game:yesway:

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Spintires (on Steam).

Hauling logs through mud and wood using a soviet truck. Might sound boring, but that thing's addicting.

And its f...ing manly, pretty sure my beard is growing faster when I play taht game lol

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
Still slugging through Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Now closing in on rank 44 with some sweet skins from the workshop, maining a vanguard with a zweihander. Applied to join a competitive clan recently, though got to work on aiming the lookdown overheads. Getting to grips with double feints as well, though some of the drags on the heavier knight weapons are still unsettling me.

Reached 48 yesterday, still enjoying the game! I play alot of knight, with messer mostly. I feel like I've reached the point where I can do some fancy moves. I still struggle with reverse overhead strikes, when i have the flow of battle (lol) i can pull them off, it just comes naturally, but when i try to just do them on purpose it dont work as well. I think its easier to do it with regular swings, standing almost 180 degree away from the enemy, so that your sword hits them as soon as the swing starts :p

Im contemplating uninstalling after reaching 50, I already put 865 hours into it haha!

Rosal76

Reaction score
I totally agree! It reminds me of Dead Space a bit, but I really liked the creepy vibe from it. I just finished part of the story where you go through a burned up town and the chimera just kindof pop out, and it actually got pretty difficult, especially with the low amounts of ammo the game allows you to hold.

If you haven't played the game yet, you should definately check out "The Last of Us". Creepy/desolate locations, creatures can be overwhelming in some levels, and you definately have to watch how much ammunition you use.

J-Fender7

The Son of Fender
Reaction score
If you haven't played the game yet, you should definately check out "The Last of Us". Creepy/desolate locations, creatures can be overwhelming in some levels, and you definately have to watch how much ammunition you use.

I've been wanting so badly to try it out, and the only reason I haven't is because I haven't had the few extra dollars to spare on it. I'll definitely check it out though :yesway:

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score

So much this. Rarely does a game reward like that. The settings, the story, the combat; everything was just top notch and I was really glad I played it. Fantastic and well worth the $.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Metal Gear V Phantom Pain, prologue was kinda slow as I just wanted to get into the action and the open world, but it's getting pretty fun and addictive letting you approach the missions in your own style. Your home base has some upgrading/customization , dare I say mild rpg elements.

Also picked up Until Dawn before MGSV came out. pretty insane graphics/character models. I'm digging it so far, seems to be capturing that "slasher" movie vibe well.
It has a "butterfly effect" system in place and your choices and actions affect your relationships with the others in the group and hopefully shape the storyline.

I'll have to see if it "really" changes things in the game. It plays somewhat close to Beyond 2 Souls and Heavy Rain, being you have to be able to hit random buttons at times/ mini quick time events, but feels a bit more better implemented.

Before that finished "Everyone's Gone to the Rapture" I really enjoyed the story,vibe and atmosphere but was hoping their would be a bit more game play to it. I did miss some cool moments in my 1st playthrough and then saw them while starting a 2nd game.
Absolutely love the soundtrack too, it really adds a ton to the emotion and eerie tone.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Metal Gear V Phantom Pain,

+1.

I didn't buy the game yet but I went up to GameStop yesterday to pick up the MGS5 limited edition strategy guide and browsing through the pages, there is a ton, and I mean a freaking ton of of stuff to do in that game. Main missions, side ops, collectibles, upgrades, easter eggs, secrets, etc, etc, etc, my God, this will take me forever to play.

Cannot freaking wait to start this game!!! :agreed:

')