What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pav

???
Reaction score
20150902_144752.jpg

Goodbye world. :wavey:

Apparently the Blu Ray that comes with the collector's edition includes a video of an unfinished mission that actually fleshes out the plot of this game, tying Big Boss in with Ocelot and Liquid Snake in a way that actually makes sense for the games that come later, chronologically.

Now to clean up a few loose ends in Ground Zeroes before I pop this bad boy in and get going.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
pay day today so gonna grab MGS5 on my lunch break

not really a MGS fan but everything I've seen and read it looks like a great game even if I have no idea whats going on story wise

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I'm the same way, always bought some of the previous MGS games cuz I loved the characters and art styles, but I'm not the most stealthy player so I've never finished any of them or played enough to follow the storylines.

But... this one is a blast so far, there's still a bit of learning curve with the controls and management, but it feels way more accessible and loving the open worldly maps.

Just got the Fulton device ( ballons) so I'm having way too much fun using the Tranquilizer pistol and launching sleeping soliders and sheep into the sky. Just came across the puppy too. :)

I've turned the game to offline because I don't want to have to deal with people raiding my base and stealing things. Still gotta figure out the management of people on my base better, have the RnD skill up to 4 so I was able to create a few new guns and supplies to try out.

Only annoying thing I've found so far is sometimes its tricky to get the options menu to come up so I can turn off the online mode or exit the game.

thing to note- you seem to only be able to do certain things from inside the Helicopter , like the side missions.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Only annoying thing I've found so far is sometimes its tricky to get the options menu to come up so I can turn off the online mode or exit the game.

Tricky in what way? If you're playing on the PS4, I think I had the same problem when I started Ground Zeroes. The left side of the touch pad pauses the game and the right side brings up your iDroid. If you press it in the center you may get either one and end up tearing your hair out.

Repner

Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;4435719 said:
Just got MGSV yesterday.
Been having a blast!! But it's clear I have a long way to go until I'm good at it.

Same here. It's far harder to avoid getting caught in this game compared to previous entries.

Aside from that, it seems like they took all the great things about Peace Walker and really improved upon them. Like actually getting to explore Mother Base instead of just a top down view and a development menu.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Same here. It's far harder to avoid getting caught in this game compared to previous entries.

Aside from that, it seems like they took all the great things about Peace Walker and really improved upon them. Like actually getting to explore Mother Base instead of just a top down view and a development menu.

I spent 40 hours or so trying to master Ground Zeroes but this .... is hard by comparison. The environments are so big that the companion app becomes more of a necessary aid than a luxury.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
What are you talking about? I AM a bitch! :lol:

But yeah, if you're willing to brave using Uplay, you can score games like Rainbow Six Vegas for $1.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Kind of bummed that Pandora Tomorrow isn't included with the other Splinter Cells, but I guess Black List, Conviction, Chaos Theory, and the original are enough. Not to mention Rainbow Six: Vegas is a friggin' blast.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I had so much fun (and ragequit moments) playing the original Splinter Cell on the original xbox.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Hard as in, trying to be stealthy?

Talk to me, Pav. :wavey:

Yes. It's hard in that the enemy AI is far more realistic than any past MGS game. If you're running around in broad daylight, they can spot you from pretty significant distances, upwards of 80-90 meters away (almost 300 feet). Also, the ability to run through an enemy's field of view and have them go, "huh? Did I just see something?" is largely gone. If you so much as step into view, the entire camp (and possibly neighboring camps) will go on full alert immediately. You only have the cushion of MGS1-style stupidity if you run in the dead of night or during a sandstorm or something, but those scenarios don't last forever.

Repner

Reaction score
That and in the older games, you used to have the Alert, Evasion, and from MGS2 onward, Caution phases. In this when a camp or town gets alerted, even after they've stopped searching for you, they stay alerted for about an hour after that. If the camps CP can still contact HQ, all the other camps in the nearby area will also go on alert. That's why it's a good idea to sabotage their communications devices.

Also, the enemy will learn from your tactics over time. For example if you have a habit of using a lot of headshots, eventually the enemy will start being supplied with helmets.

Antiproduct

Reaction score
Beat mgs5 completely (the whole story) from monday evening to wednesday night.
I will not comment on this game but do yourself a favor and don't google anything as this might spoil you HARD TIME
Also there are more story missions after credits you just have to unlock them, keep on playing.

I can also imagine that you don't understand a single thing in this game if you havent played all the games before xD It's like playing only AC revelations

Repner

Reaction score
This game has got me in the mood to replay the entire series again. It's one of those series that I love to come back to every few years. It seems like a good idea considering the story of MGSV segues perfectly into Metal Gear.

Alex6534

Reaction score
Fallout New Vegas in preparation for Fallout 4. :) on PC with Project Nevada mod and LOVING it!

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Since I'm currently attending university I've done my best not to play video games as I've got studying to do, but I finally gave in.

I grab the copy of Mad Max and so far its pretty freakin awesome.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Warmode

FTP game that was recently removed from steam.

Such an easy game, I've literally been called a hacker in it.

')